Let's cast the D&D movie!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There will be years between the Thor film and any possible Salvatore movie. Time will lessen the impact of the comparison a great deal.

Scorpio616

First Post
D&D movie NEEDS the Deities causing issues like the greek gods. Even the good ones could have their own agendas.

Keith David as Bahamut
Tilda Swinton and/or David Bowie as Corellon Larethian.
Vin Diesel as Kord
Sadly my top pick Olidammara died.
John Glover as Asmodeus
Steve Buscemi & Joe Pesci as Demogorgon

JWO

First Post
I don't think there's any safe way of portraying drow so I don't know if a Drizzt movie would be possible.

- Cast black actors to play drow - Well no, you can't have a race of evil black people obviously.

- Cast white actors and use make-up - That's clearly going to be problematic.

- Cast racially diverse actors, don't use make-up but just use red or violet contact lenses to differentiate them from regular elves - This would be the best way of doing it but then you'd get the inevitable wave of D&D fanboys complaining that you'd strayed too far from the source material.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
- Cast black actors to play drow - Well no, you can't have a race of evil black people obviously.

Defiance is doing just fine with dark purple Omec right now, and nobody raised a stink about a white actress in the blue-black makeup of Mistique in the X-Men movies.

I think black Drow would be just fine.

If not, that bodes ill for anyone attempting to do a cinematic/TV treatment of the Foreigner novels...

Last edited:

Remove ads