• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's cast the D&D movie!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There will be years between the Thor film and any possible Salvatore movie. Time will lessen the impact of the comparison a great deal.

Scorpio616

First Post
D&D movie NEEDS the Deities causing issues like the greek gods. Even the good ones could have their own agendas.

Keith David as Bahamut
Tilda Swinton and/or David Bowie as Corellon Larethian.
Vin Diesel as Kord
Sadly my top pick Olidammara died.
John Glover as Asmodeus
Steve Buscemi & Joe Pesci as Demogorgon

JWO

First Post
I don't think there's any safe way of portraying drow so I don't know if a Drizzt movie would be possible.

- Cast black actors to play drow - Well no, you can't have a race of evil black people obviously.

- Cast white actors and use make-up - That's clearly going to be problematic.

- Cast racially diverse actors, don't use make-up but just use red or violet contact lenses to differentiate them from regular elves - This would be the best way of doing it but then you'd get the inevitable wave of D&D fanboys complaining that you'd strayed too far from the source material.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
- Cast black actors to play drow - Well no, you can't have a race of evil black people obviously.

Defiance is doing just fine with dark purple Omec right now, and nobody raised a stink about a white actress in the blue-black makeup of Mistique in the X-Men movies.

I think black Drow would be just fine.

If not, that bodes ill for anyone attempting to do a cinematic/TV treatment of the Foreigner novels...

Last edited:

Remove ads