Let's start a game

Jarval

Explorer
Ashrem Bayle said:
I'm thinking I'll play a Savant. Question: Are you using If Thoughts Could Kill?

Please say yes.

I don't own ITCK yet, but I'll be buying the print version when it comes out. So, yes you can use it.

On anther note, for Of Sound Mind it would help if the party has at least one psion, a ranger and a cleric. No one has to play one of these classes, but it would make things easier if you have these in the party.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Mark me down as the Psion: Savant.

Also, I assume you are using the Minds Eye rules on the WOTC sight.

The new Pet Rock article I found especially nice.

Alos, how much cash does a 2nd level character get?

Last edited:

Ok, your the coolest guy ever. I've really been dieing to go thru of sound mind. Character class is atough one, I'm already playing a cleric in the swashbucklers game, and rangers kind of got the shaft in 3e, Ash is already playing a psion hmm. Maybe multi-classed ranger/ psychic warrior or psion( I'd like to play a nomad).

How about a nomad/ranger? would that be exceptable?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I considered a Rogue/Savant. I really love Cordell's revised Soulknife!

Looking forward to continued gaming with you Liver.

Last edited:

Sure are a lot of new games poping lately.

Hmmm, must be that cool wheel of time game, getting everone inspired. Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink.:D :D :D

Ha Ha Ha Heh. Just kidding.:cool:

Seriosly I'm going with the nomad/ranger idea. Ummm, how are you doing character submission? through rogues gallery, E-mail, or other? give us the details. And should we use the avage money for 2nd level out of the DMG? 32 points sounds plenty generous to me, any other guide lines?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Actually, Savent/Ranger sounds pretty good. To be different, I could use the Urban Ranger option from Masters of the Wild.

Actually, i only plan to take one level of ranger to help with the BAB and Skill requirements of the Soulknife PRC.

I like the idea of a psionic bounty hunter/assassin.

You mind Liver? If you do, I'll go another route. No problem.

I don't want to step on your concept's toes. I could always go the metamind route.

Last edited:

No problem, I can go striaght psion or do a differant multi-class or stick with my concept, it don't matter, it's still a proto-idea. If it's one level it really isn't a problem, heck it isn't a problem if you do more that one level. I was just going to use ranger as the muti-class becuase it was one of the recommendations not becuase i really like the class, if you or someone else wants to fill the gap, I'll go another way.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
i think i'll do that then.

Urban Ranger 1 / Psion: Svant 1

That cool Jarval?

I can give you the stat changes for the Urban Ranger if you need them. It's nothing drastic.

Zhure

First Post
Gholog, Half orc PsyWar

Gholog (LN)
Race: half-orc
6'5"; 270 lbs; Age 16
Psychic Warrior 2

16 STR +3
14 DEX +2
16 CON +3
12 INT +1
12 WIS +1
6 CHA -2
* = number of adds

Armor Class:
Normal: 16 (Chain Shirt +4, Dex +2)
Flat-footed: 14
Touch: 12

Saves:
Fortitude: +5 (2, +3 Con)
Reflex: +2 (0, +2 Dex)
Will: +1 (0, +1 Wis)

Proficiencies: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Shields, All Simple Weapons, All Martial Weapons
Languages: Common, Orc

Skills:
Autohypnosis 3 (= Rank 2 +1 (Wis))
Climb 4 (= Rank 2 +3 (Str) -1 (AC))
Concentration 5 (= Rank 2 +3 (Con))
Stabilize Self 5 (= Rank 2 +3 (Con))
Tumble 3 (= Rank 2 + 2 (Dex) -1 (AC))
Use Psionic Device 3 (= Rank 5 -2 (Cha))

Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike (1st), Psionic Fist (1st Bonus), Weapon Focus: Unarmed (2nd Bonus)

Powers (4 free Talents per day):
0- Catfall (Dex) Au - mental roar
0- Float (Dex) Au - mental roar
0- Burst (Dex) Au- mental roar

Modes:
Thought Shield (1 PP, MH 1)
Id Insinuation (3 PP, 1d2 STR)

POWER POINTS: 3
HIT POINTS: 18 = 8 + 1d8 + 6 (Con)

Equipment:
Weapons (BAB = +1):
Unarmed +5 to hit, 1d3+3 dmg, 20/x2 crit
MW Falchion +5 to hit, 2d4+4 dmg, 18-20/x2 crit, 16 pounds
Sling +3 to hit, 1d4 damage, 20/x2 crit

Other Gear:
MW Chainshirt (AC 4, penalty -1, 25 pounds)
beltpouch (.5 pound)
whetstone (1 pound)

Platinum: 25
Gold: 22
Silver: 8
Copper: 8

Total Weight: 46.06

Experience:
Goal: 3,000 Current: 1,000

Gholog, son of Vahrik Kinslayer, studied under his father's cunning tutelage, learning the orc's subtle combat strategies. Unlike his father, Gholog isn't wealthy but wants to follow in his father's path of an adventurer and an explorer. Because of his family's relative wealth and power, Gholog spent years among the humans and blends in fairly well, exhibiting few of the "boorish" stereotypes often attributed to his people.

As a family trait, Gholog's yellowish skin is deeply tanned. He has atypical tusks, both jutting up from his wide lower jaw, leading some to suspect he may have hobgoblin or other ancestry. He is almost completely bald, save for a jet black queue braided waist-length down his back.

Vahrik's monastery in the mountains north of the Alderman duchy was a fantastic place for Gholag to grow up, but he felt the need to seek his own wisdom in the world. The life of a monk wasn't suited to him and he packed a few belongings and traveled south to see how he fared in more civilized straits. Perhaps a ruler like Gregor Anvar will have enough psions in his desmense to make learning the mental arts more promising than in the cloister of a monastery.

most recent edit: corrected sling final BAB error, changed equipment based on starting gold; more background

Last edited:

Acmite

First Post
Wahoo!

Hmmm.....I'm not sure what I'm going to play yet. I've got the PsiHB on loaner right now so I'll take a look at it and see if there is anything interesting there....

Since we have 10 PCs, I'm assuming there will be significnat overlap in abilities, so I may go for a Ranger/Psionic character like Ashrem, but I would go the Wilderness route.

Hmmm....I'll take a look at the book tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Remove ads