Let's start a game

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Re: Hello!

Other Guy said:
I'm currently in another game on this board, anyone have any general comments on what it's like being in 2 at once? Does it get very confusing, or do you think that the average person could handle it? :D

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Currently I am playing in two D&D PBP games (as Krusk the barbarian and a town guardsman), two Star Wars PBP games (as a Sullustan pirate and a security droid) and I GM two Star Wars PBP games (the Iconic Game, and the Free Traders on my own message board).

Not to mention I play a halfing rogue-wizard in a weekly tabletop D&D game.

I think I can beat Jack, I'm currently in:

In Search for Heroes
Swashbucklers of Sword Coast
Non-Iconics adventure
Psionisicle
Industrial Revolution
Torgal's Pit (Arena DnD type website)
Yb! (Fight Club)

...although not currently in any games non PBP :(

reapersaurus

First Post
I'm interested in playing another fantasy heroic character.

I'm playing as Alhandra in the Iconics Adventure, and Ubaar in the non-Iconics Adventure currently.

A question: why would you be including Tome & Blood, but no other class book?
Considering that incredibly questionable things like Persistent Spell are in T&B, the only other reason I can think of not including other classbooks would be if you don't have access to them (which is certainly reasonable).

If we ran the material by you on a case-by-case basis, with your approval or denial, would that be acceptable?

(Reaper, are you still joining In Search for Heroes PBP game still? We're at the psionics chatrooms at channel #yb, the DM Kalanyr is here as long as me and 2 othre players)

Jarval

Explorer
I'm thinking of is running PirateCat's Of Sound Mind adventure to get us started and then following on from there. It's a great introductory adventure, and it would let me get a clear idea of your characters.

Before too many people jump on board, I'd like to keep the number of players close to the 6-8 range. As we've already got 10 people's names down, I'd like to stop there :)

One other point. No evil characters. I'm also a bit weary of Chaotic Neutral, but could be persuaded.

reapersaurus said:
A question: why would you be including Tome & Blood, but no other class book?
Considering that incredibly questionable things like Persistent Spell are in T&B, the only other reason I can think of not including other classbooks would be if you don't have access to them (which is certainly reasonable).

Got it in one :) I don't have any of the other books, and I'm unlikely to be buying them anytime soon (although Masters of the Wild looks rather good).

reapersaurus said:
If we ran the material by you on a case-by-case basis, with your approval or denial, would that be acceptable?

Just fine. As long as I get to see the rules you're using, I'm probably fine with them.

Jarval

Explorer
Zhure said:
Sweet! I think I made the cut-off. What stat generation method are you using?

Since we've got ten names, I'll go with ten characters. I was just saying I don't want any more.

I was thinking of 32 point buy for character stats. Max hit points at 1st level, then average from then on. Everyone starts out at 2nd level (mainly to allow +1 ECL races). Sound good?

Last edited:

Remove ads