• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's start a game

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Re: Hello!

Other Guy said:
I'm currently in another game on this board, anyone have any general comments on what it's like being in 2 at once? Does it get very confusing, or do you think that the average person could handle it? :D

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Currently I am playing in two D&D PBP games (as Krusk the barbarian and a town guardsman), two Star Wars PBP games (as a Sullustan pirate and a security droid) and I GM two Star Wars PBP games (the Iconic Game, and the Free Traders on my own message board).

Not to mention I play a halfing rogue-wizard in a weekly tabletop D&D game.

I think I can beat Jack, I'm currently in:

In Search for Heroes
Swashbucklers of Sword Coast
Non-Iconics adventure
Psionisicle
Industrial Revolution
Torgal's Pit (Arena DnD type website)
Yb! (Fight Club)

...although not currently in any games non PBP :(

reapersaurus

Explorer
I'm interested in playing another fantasy heroic character.

I'm playing as Alhandra in the Iconics Adventure, and Ubaar in the non-Iconics Adventure currently.

A question: why would you be including Tome & Blood, but no other class book?
Considering that incredibly questionable things like Persistent Spell are in T&B, the only other reason I can think of not including other classbooks would be if you don't have access to them (which is certainly reasonable).

If we ran the material by you on a case-by-case basis, with your approval or denial, would that be acceptable?

(Reaper, are you still joining In Search for Heroes PBP game still? We're at the psionics chatrooms at channel #yb, the DM Kalanyr is here as long as me and 2 othre players)

Jarval

Explorer
I'm thinking of is running PirateCat's Of Sound Mind adventure to get us started and then following on from there. It's a great introductory adventure, and it would let me get a clear idea of your characters.

Before too many people jump on board, I'd like to keep the number of players close to the 6-8 range. As we've already got 10 people's names down, I'd like to stop there :)

One other point. No evil characters. I'm also a bit weary of Chaotic Neutral, but could be persuaded.

reapersaurus said:
A question: why would you be including Tome & Blood, but no other class book?
Considering that incredibly questionable things like Persistent Spell are in T&B, the only other reason I can think of not including other classbooks would be if you don't have access to them (which is certainly reasonable).

Got it in one :) I don't have any of the other books, and I'm unlikely to be buying them anytime soon (although Masters of the Wild looks rather good).

reapersaurus said:
If we ran the material by you on a case-by-case basis, with your approval or denial, would that be acceptable?

Just fine. As long as I get to see the rules you're using, I'm probably fine with them.

Jarval

Explorer
Zhure said:
Sweet! I think I made the cut-off. What stat generation method are you using?

Since we've got ten names, I'll go with ten characters. I was just saying I don't want any more.

I was thinking of 32 point buy for character stats. Max hit points at 1st level, then average from then on. Everyone starts out at 2nd level (mainly to allow +1 ECL races). Sound good?

Last edited:

Remove ads