Let's talk about Earthbind

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Thanks very much everyone! I do appreciate all of your feedback. After 15 emails back and forth today th my DM, I've decided to choose a different spell as Earthbind is not capable of doing what I had intended. We just leveled up to 4th level, so now is the time to consider other options.
Does anyone care to mention thier favorite 1st and 2nd level warlock spells? I'd be happy to get your input.

Since it sounds like you were going for a version of it anyway, why not go with hold person?

Otherwise, it really depends what kind of warlock your going for - the class probably has the most customization in 5e as far as range, melee, frontline, support etc. - depending on what options you choose.

I am partial to Armor of Agathys - it's long lasting, non-concentration and the damage ramps up decently (especially since warlock spells auto level up).

Vymair

First Post
Thanks very much everyone! I do appreciate all of your feedback. After 15 emails back and forth today th my DM, I've decided to choose a different spell as Earthbind is not capable of doing what I had intended. We just leveled up to 4th level, so now is the time to consider other options.
Does anyone care to mention thier favorite 1st and 2nd level warlock spells? I'd be happy to get your input.

If you are fighting lots of humanoids, Hold Person is my favorite due to it's scaling. My warlock is now 8th level and he can cast Hold Person on 3 targets. It significantly tips the scales in a combat, but is only useful if your DM uses lots of humanoids.

Suggestion also has tons of fun applications. One idea is to suggest one of the enemies go explore the other side of that hill two miles away, thus eliminating them from the fight, but there are many uses. We once dropped it on the villain and had him confess his demonic allegiances in front of the royal court.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I suspect that Earthbind is created due to the Magic the gathering card of the same name. The description of the spell effect is the same.

Oh and yeah it just effects the targets fly speed

Remove ads