Let's Talk about Minotaurs

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
This is my favorite minotaur, the baby on the lap of Pasiphae on this South Italian cup (c. 340-320 BCE, now in the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris).

Aka the Mini-taur.

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was inspired by the original M:tG Hurloon Minotaur art to design a 2Ed Minotaur PC from a Plains Indian style culture. He was an albino- per the art- and his primary weapons were longbow, axe and spear. Since 2Ed Minotaurs were big enough to be size L, that made for some nice damage…

Over the years, I’ve collected a fair number of Minotaur minis. I have at least one Grenadier and a Heritage (as I recall), plus a Ral Partha (?)“Greek” one with spear and shield. The last ones I got were made by Rackham. And, FWIW, I successfully tracked down a Hurloon Minotaur mini, too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like minotaurs

I write blog articles about them.
Of Minotaurs and Men

I write books about them.
The Minotaurs of the Stonelands - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

Angus' Guide to Amn - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

I even came up with a distinctive version for my rpg: the hodgepocalypse.
Book of Arrogance - Sneak Peaks

Show me your love of minotaurs by posting links, facts and pics that are related.

#dnd #minotaur #rpg
But the question is, how do you pronounce 'minotaur'?

Mine-oh-tor or minn-a-tarr?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Not my work, but Rite Publishing released for PF1.0 In the Company of Minotaurs supplement - rules to create a 1st - 20th level Minotaur racial prestige class. Since the D&D minotaur is CR 4, generally it's too powerful to play as a 1st level character, so a racial paragon class is a means of playing the mythic story version of a minotaur in PF increments of power equivalent to a player class.

Remove ads