• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LFR News or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Play a Drow, Genasi, or Swordmage.

Baron Opal

First Post
One of the things I found interesting is "gensai from Returned Aebil..." There was some speculation that Aebil would be explained in the supplement, I guess it is.

I do like that the gensai are elemental rather than tied to a single element. That could be an interesting twist.

Chilling blow could be an amusing counter to Blade Cascade...

Back to reading.

Rechan

Adventurer
There doesn't look to be any powers that really emphasize the Assault Swordmage. Seems more like the Artificer writeup. But that's okay; this is a preview after all.

The Genasi racial stuff look really potent compared to the PHB races racial powers.

There doesn't look to be any powers that really emphasize the Assault Swordmage. Seems more like the Artificer writeup. But that's okay; this is a preview after all.
There are actually three powers with strength based "secondary effects" (although they're all damage), and that's not including the third level one which actually uses the aegis.
The Genasi racial stuff look really potent compared to the PHB races racial powers.
They seem a bit "top tier" yes, while every particular ability is no more, or even less potent than existing abilities, the combinations of powers and flat bonuses seem strong.

hamishspence

Adventurer
Sarrukh special ability + savage species feat = Pun-Pun

One of the most infamously broken things in D&D.

Now I like the concept, but maybe they should have done it the Daelkyr way and said that altering species is a long, complex process with no rules given for it.

Cirex

First Post
Play a drow if you want...
*To play a hero in search of redemption, or one who struggles to rise above the wickedness of his or her people.

I see...

The Swordmage looks good, but I think it has too many area spells.

Remove ads