Limited Resting and the Hour Long Rest

Li Shenron

Legend
They need to separate these things out, in my opinion. Get two HP pools: HP (ability to take wounds), and THP (my preference is fatigue, but this could be "everything else"). I doubt they'll do this, but it solves so many problems, and still gives different classes different uses (Clerics rock at healing HP but not THP, and Warlord's own at healing THP but not HP). Have HP return slowly, and THP return in minutes.

I suggested the same thing in the other thread about the leaked info. I had in mind something along the lines of how Protoss worked in Starcraft ("top half" of their energy recharges, "bottom half" doesn't, top half gets damaged first).

So it could be that THP normally absorbe the first damage, but some things go straight to damage HP, for example any damage you take when you're surprised or unable to react.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I suggested the same thing in the other thread about the leaked info. I had in mind something along the lines of how Protoss worked in Starcraft ("top half" of their energy recharges, "bottom half" doesn't, top half gets damaged first).

So it could be that THP normally absorbe the first damage, but some things go straight to damage HP, for example any damage you take when you're surprised or unable to react.
That's exactly how my RPG works. If you're surprised, or if you take falling damage, if you're on fire, immersed in lava, etc. Basically, if you can't roll with the punch for some reason, you take regular HP damage, not THP damage.

Glad you suggested the same thing earlier. I do think a wound/non-wound divide would be good for the game, but I really doubt it'll happen. Still, great minds think alike, and all that... As always, play what you like :)

Remove ads