• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(limited) wish plus grapple

Bad Paper

First Post
1) I cast limited wish to give me a bonus on this next grapple check. How much bonus do I get?
2) I cast wish to give me a bonus on this next grapple check. How much bonus do I get?
3) I cast limited wish to give me a bonus on all grapple checks. How much bonus do I get?
4) I cast wish to give me a bonus on all grapple checks. How much bonus do I get?

Zandel

First Post
1 ~ around +20 ish
2 ~ around +40 ish
3 ~ around +4 ish
4 ~ around +8 ish

That's about what i'd say without any research

shilsen

Adventurer
Bad Paper said:
1) I cast limited wish to give me a bonus on this next grapple check. How much bonus do I get?
2) I cast wish to give me a bonus on this next grapple check. How much bonus do I get?
3) I cast limited wish to give me a bonus on all grapple checks. How much bonus do I get?
4) I cast wish to give me a bonus on all grapple checks. How much bonus do I get?

Since Limited Wish has the option of letting a creature hit automatically with its next attack, I'd say both Limited Wish and Wish should allow automatic success on one grapple check. For multiple grapple checks, something like Zandel's suggested +4 with Limited Wish and +8 with Wish sounds good, but I'd set a duration limit of 1 rd/lvl or so.

Zandel

First Post
Dam! forgot about the instant hit thing......revised

1 ~ instant hit once
2 ~ Instant hit next two
3 ~ +2 Wish bonus with permanent duration or +5 Wish bonus with 1 round/level (mabye 2)
4 ~ +4 Wish bonus with permanent duration or +10 Wish bonus with 1 round/level (mabye 2)

Calling them wish bonuses is so they won't stack.

Scion

First Post
I just looked around for effects of the appropriate level (level 5 and below for limited wish) and I think it would depend on the caster level.

Going by the effect I am thinking of it would be +4 enhancement bonus to grapple checks +2 for every 4 caster levels beyond the first. (so a 17th level caster would get +12 to grapple checks) for a duration of 1 round/caster level with the option of reducing the bonus by +2 in order to double the duration.

For wish I would likely give the caster an enhancement bonus to grapple checks equal to their caster level for 24 hours, along with the ability to spend a swift action each round to negate any free action like effects that the guy they are trying to hold might have (caster level check vs caster level check).

I think that these would be along the lines of the spells being used.

Remove ads