• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Link to Wiki at top of the page not working

Ginnel

Explorer
basically as said in the title, it just clears my cookies and thats it, the only way I got to ENwiki was by clicking on a link in someones sig instead.

Ginnel

Explorer
internet explorer I'm assuming the latest version but having trouble finding where I can confirm it

Huh strange it works now

Well that'll do for me.

cougent

First Post
I almost posted this same thing a few days ago, but the site ate it and I did not have time to do it again.

The first time I clicked on the wiki link it cleared my cookies and asked me to log in again.

The second time I clicked on it it worked just fine and has ever since.

More info: Prior to the first attempt I had not been to the wiki in at least a month.

NON WEB GUY GUESS: I suspect it has something to do with the life of the cookie that is set that the wiki host site accepts? I remember we had this problem right after the wiki went online until Michael created a work around.

This was with FF 3.01 btw

Jeremy757

First Post
I'm using FF and this happened to me too. It had the added bonus of logging me out of the site when it happened. I logged back in and the linked worked correctly. Very weird.

Adlon

Mortality.net
well, probably the cookie thing then....the wiki is actually Mediawiki, a separate program from vBulletin, though there is a hack in place that embeds Mediawiki into vBulletin, and as well utilizes the login info / member info from vBulletin INTO Mediawiki......

Mediawiki, once you are authenticated, most likely has it's own cookie settings, which I can check as I have MW loaded on my home linux / ENW test box...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The logout bug is know. When it happens, just enter your login info in the top right of the screen, log in and go back to the Wiki. you should be fine then.

Remove ads