[Lion's Den/Ronin Arts] You won't see *this* assassin coming...

October 16, 2006. For immediate release and dissemination.

It’s been a while, and for that we apologize, but Lion's Den Press is back with a vengeance. No, we're not dead--but with our latest offering, someone else very well might be.

Of all the classic fantasy gaming archetypes, the assassin is arguably the hardest to get right in a role-playing setting. You wouldn't think that it would be. It's a pretty straightforward concept, after all. Killer for hire, with skills to match. But the fact is, there's a reason that no single version of the class has met with truly widespread acceptance in the current edition of the game: Everyone's got their own idea of what an assassin class should be. Is it a precision killer, striking from the shadows like the Japanese ninja? A murderer who wields blade and spell with equal faculty? A brutal thug slitting throats in a filthy alley?

How about all of the above? We at Lion's Den are particularly proud to unveil The Assassin, our own take on this iconic killer.

We've chosen to take a different tack. Rather than focus on one specific view of the assassin, we've created a class that can incorporate numerous archetypes. Through the use of a path system--not unlike the choice a ranger must make between archery and two-weapon fighting, but rather more elaborate--we can present to you a single class capable of portraying no fewer that seven different and distinct concepts of "assassin."

So dive in, take a good look. But don't tell anyone what you’ve seen. Most assassins don’t much care for snitches...

Classes of Legend: The Assassin was written by Lion's Den co-founder Ari Marmell, and illustrated by Beth Trott. For more Lion's Den Press products, visit our website at www.lionsdenpress.com.

This is totally off topic, but I couldn't resist. I live in Columbus, OH, and around here, the Lion's Den is an Adult Bookstore Chain. I laugh every time I see any post with you company name it, and just wanted to fess up. Sorry. :lol:

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Mouseferatu said:
October 16, 2006. For immediate release and dissemination.

It’s been a while, and for that we apologize, but Lion's Den Press is back with a vengeance. No, we're not dead--but with our latest offering, someone else very well might be.

Of all the classic fantasy gaming archetypes, the assassin is arguably the hardest to get right in a role-playing setting. You wouldn't think that it would be. It's a pretty straightforward concept, after all. Killer for hire, with skills to match. But the fact is, there's a reason that no single version of the class has met with truly widespread acceptance in the current edition of the game: Everyone's got their own idea of what an assassin class should be. Is it a precision killer, striking from the shadows like the Japanese ninja? A murderer who wields blade and spell with equal faculty? A brutal thug slitting throats in a filthy alley?

How about all of the above? We at Lion's Den are particularly proud to unveil The Assassin, our own take on this iconic killer.

We've chosen to take a different tack. Rather than focus on one specific view of the assassin, we've created a class that can incorporate numerous archetypes. Through the use of a path system--not unlike the choice a ranger must make between archery and two-weapon fighting, but rather more elaborate--we can present to you a single class capable of portraying no fewer that seven different and distinct concepts of "assassin."

So dive in, take a good look. But don't tell anyone what you’ve seen. Most assassins don’t much care for snitches...

Classes of Legend: The Assassin was written by Lion's Den co-founder Ari Marmell, and illustrated by Beth Trott. For more Lion's Den Press products, visit our website at www.lionsdenpress.com.

Yoink! Nice work here...my wife has decided to create an assassin, and since I am one of those DM's that is a bit lax in alignment (in fact, I don't care for alignment at all) I agreed to let her pursue this class. I really like this variant. It's not quite as powerful as a standard rogue/assassin as defined in the SRD (your variant is a weaker spellcaster and get death attack a bit later), but that is ok by me.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Christoph the Magus said:
This is totally off topic, but I couldn't resist. I live in Columbus, OH, and around here, the Lion's Den is an Adult Bookstore Chain. I laugh every time I see any post with you company name it, and just wanted to fess up. Sorry. :lol:

lol. I know what your talking about, i thought the same thing when i read the topic.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Nice idea, Ari.

Hey, I saw there's a single PDF package of your Iconic Creatures PDFs. Any chance of them getting the POD treatment?

They were printed as a book and sold at GC last year. I _think_ there are still copies left.

philreed said:
They were printed as a book and sold at GC last year. I _think_ there are still copies left.

I do indeed believe C.A. has a few hardcopies left over. But I don't know if he has any mechanism in place to sell them at the moment.

Phil, you may want to e-mail him directly and see what he thinks; since he's got them, and he's in charge of most of the business end anyway, it's out of my hands.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Mouseferatu said:
I do indeed believe C.A. has a few hardcopies left over. But I don't know if he has any mechanism in place to sell them at the moment.

Phil, you may want to e-mail him directly and see what he thinks; since he's got them, and he's in charge of most of the business end anyway, it's out of my hands.

Will do. And hey, I've got a place to sell books! :)

Remove ads