• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Live Dungeons & Dragons Q&A Friday, June 6 Question Thread

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I realize it may be just me.

But at one point Mike referred to the plural of "staff", and he used "staves" instead of "staffs".

I so want this to be the plural they use in the final books. In the playtest it went back and forth.

Thaumaturge.

Outing myself as an English nerd today.

DDNFan

Banned
Banned
Staves is very old school

I'm very glad 4th ed fans will get what they want, but that it's in the DMG and not the PHB, and so those of us who don't want encounter "powers" can opt out of that game before it starts, rather than when some new player comes in and destroys my immersion with funny powers that don't make sense to me.

It also recognizes in plain language what the core, basic game is, and what it isn't, and also means that I will be able to continue participating in Encounters (ironic, eh?) and organized games without cringing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So is a "Night's Dark Terror" update the adventure in the Starter Set or just an example of the type of adventure that'll be in it?

Example.

As a side-note, I personally find Mike's accent so hard to understand that I simply couldn't made out what he'd said there. I was googling phonetically to see if I could get an approximate hit - my stark terrier? I got there eventually, though!

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Example.

As a side-note, I personally find Mike's accent so hard to understand that I simply couldn't made out what he'd said there. I was googling phonetically to see if I could get an approximate hit - my stark terrier? I got there eventually, though!

Those damn Americans butchering the Queen's English, hey Russ? :D

Nemio

First Post
If I understood correctly they said at the end that there will be a live stream of them playing the Starter Adventure in a few weeks.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Example.

There is a game on a local radio show called, "What the heck did Jesse Jackson say?" All they do is play short clips from an older preacher (who grew up in the South of the U.S.) and people win if they can figure out what he said in the clip.

You'd perhaps not enjoy that game. A sample of which can be heard here.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Starter set adventure?

MM: Night's Dark Terror. One of the best D&D adventures ever made. UK module. Spiritual example. An adventure that gives a central place, a village, a central quest, enough room so the player has options, wilderness map and places to go, and for the DM flexible enough to start making own adventures and add to the map.
Sounds like cool adventure stuff!

Agamon

Adventurer
If they were to sell those posters they have up in the background, they would be taking more of my money than I've already planned for....

Remove ads