• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Live near any fantasy-sounding places? List 'em here!

KrazyHades

First Post
Well, as a historical place (I don't live near it), Harper's Ferry sounds very RPG-ish...it would be good for a town famous for its bards, which is why it got the name....

Other than that:
The White Mountain
The Blue Hills

RigaMortus2

First Post
edbonny said:
I love real-world places that have exotic/unique fantasy-sounding names. As a kid, Death Valley in California just sounded very cool to me. As a DnD player, it could be the name of a place in Baator. Please list those you know here:

In my neck of the woods, there are:

> Foul Rift, NJ - a town in northwest NJ
> Spitting Devil (Spuyten Duyvil in Dutch) - a dangerous waterway just off the Bronx shore
> Fair Haven, NJ - sounds like Tolkien's Gray Havens
> Ironbound section of Newark, NJ - sounds like a warforged neighborhood

I too live in NJ. The only one that comes to mind off hand is Raven's Croft. It's not a town, but one of those housing developments/communities. I always liked the name.

solkan_uk

First Post
Hmmm, not much around here, though we do have...

Thunder Bridge

Great Heck & Little Heck always sound somewhat Pratchett-y don't know if that counts.

They're probably the best, but most of the places nearby hail from at least medieval, but not particularly fantasy like (at least to me).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads