Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

Graf

Explorer
It's a shame that the Gith are such high level monsters. I would love to make and run a Gith based adventure, but's it'll be awhile before any of us is even equal to a Gith minion. Oh well, I suppose 'Gith happens'. :lol:
Personally I could see "lowering" gith levels.

I have a harder time for some reason making Illithids heroic tier. (maybe because they were heroic teir in 3.x and it just didn't work, they were like speed bumps...)

But I don't see why Gith can't be around 5th... They'd kick butt compared to the 1st~3rd level soldiers I imagine being in a place like Ea.

[d]--[/d]
With Mri'Thas done there are are 13 characters with the approved tag and 13 links in the wiki. So if you're approved but we missed you let me know.

I think we have three more to do today.

elecgraystone

First Post
LOL Cadres makes a lot more sense than creds Voda Vosa! :p

What is the stance on the mundane equipment, like armor and weapons, from the adventurers vault now that it's out? Ts'iri is already finished but my second character might be interested. ;)

elecgraystone

First Post
Sounds cool stonegod. We were talking about the adventurers vault over in the magic item thread and it got me thinking about the normal stuff.

To be honest, I'm not positive you can make more than one Voda Vosa. I've seen people talking about what their next character would be though, so I just figured it was possible.

Dunamin

First Post
But I don't see why Gith can't be around 5th... They'd kick butt compared to the 1st~3rd level soldiers I imagine being in a place like Ea.
To put this into perspective:
I'm sure elves and drow battle all the time. The MM gives the latter a level range from 11 to 15 and the former a level range from 2 to, well, 2. I think its fair to say the MM does not necessarily represent the outcome should two armies of these face off.

I figure one of the reasons the designers picked these ranged for their example drow and gith, is simply because they don't expect PCs to adventure much in the Underdark or Astral Sea during heroic tier.

As to Ea, I imagine the intense warfare has resulted in quite a number of weathered veterans but not that the average grunt is a paragon tier menace. I would leave it open to DMs how they want to level the PCs' opposition and just forget about mechanics pertaining to background warfare if its only there to provide atmosphere.

Remove ads