Living Eberron - Gauging Interest Level

How much would you get involved in a Living Eberron campaign? (read before voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm kinda confused as to how it works after looking over the Living Supers link, but it seems interesting. I'd be up for playing.

As for material, I would vote for core + ECS if it was to be restricted. While there is plenty of stuff in the other Eberron books I'd love to try, I agree that giving access to them is a bit unfair to those who don't have them.

Ferrix

Explorer
I would recommend d20SRD + ECS at the very least. That allows psionics into the game, since anyone should have access to the d20srd if they can get to the enworld site, and psionics are a part of the Eberron milieu.

Shayuri

First Post
Maybe the Organizers could put together some kind of a Living Eberron Continuity Document or something, for GM's to peruse. It would be based on the ECS, and any changes made during canon-approved adventures could be accounted for. A sort of "bible" in the parlance of scriptwriters.

Myself, I'd like to play above all, but could be roped into aiding with organization to the extent that I am able to.

I've had several ideas for fun characters that would work best in Eberron, but there's not enough Eberron games to support them! :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Bobitron said:
I'm kinda confused as to how it works after looking over the Living Supers link, but it seems interesting. I'd be up for playing.

As for material, I would vote for core + ECS if it was to be restricted. While there is plenty of stuff in the other Eberron books I'd love to try, I agree that giving access to them is a bit unfair to those who don't have them.
Basicly, instead of starting a game with a single GM, you enter the world and a GM would recruit your character into an adventure. When you're done, you'd move on to the next adventure, potentialy with a new GM. I have 3 characters in Living EnWorld, and have been through 1 completed adventure, 2 adventures that were taken over by another Judge when the GM went missing (IE, things were picked up again, so the character wasn't stranded in Limbo), and am currently in 3 adventures (one of them is the final part of one of the picked up ones, the other 2 are origionals still going from the initial GM). I've also run one complete adventure and am running 2 others.

Basicly, in a shared world, anything not core/cannon must be approved to become core/cannon for the world. LEW has some unique feats and PrCs, as well as it's own pantheon that is still occasionaly expanding.

Living Supers is a shared background universe that should slowly expand as more people join it and more adventures happen. Villians will begin to appear, with potential reoccuring villians or other such events. It's like it's own self-contained comic book world.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I'm not just talking about abilities though. I don't own Sharn, City of Towers, so any player who does would likely be correcting me every two sentences for continuity errors. To give my FR example, I do know much much more about FR than Eberron, but I haven't kept up with the updates made to the metaplot in the PGtF especially, so I could very well wind up using fun ideas I've had since 2nd-edition, only to realise that canon dictates that X doesn't rule in Y anymore :(
That's where perhaps allowing for the use of Crunch from the other books eventualy, but the use of the material in them isn't Cannon till it appears in an adventure, leaving the ECS the only source of true Cannon.

Admittedly, I only have the Races of Eberron book besides the Core, but that's more crunch and some basic setting fluff.

Bront

The man with the probe
On another note, I would highly recomend allowing players to start above 1st level. Even if it's 2nd, that would allow for all the LA +1 races available to be played. 3rd could work as well (some LA +1 and Racial 2HD races are allowable then), but no higher than that.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
On another note, I would highly recomend allowing players to start above 1st level. Even if it's 2nd, that would allow for all the LA +1 races available to be played. 3rd could work as well (some LA +1 and Racial 2HD races are allowable then), but no higher than that.
While that's getting a bit too detailed for the time being, what races are there that would warrant that? For background reasons, hobgoblins, but I'm not sure what's there beyond that that would be absolutely necessary.
That said, a scheme 3 characters - 3rd level/2nd level/1st level could work.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
I think that's a good idea.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
While that's getting a bit too detailed for the time being, what races are there that would warrant that? For background reasons, hobgoblins, but I'm not sure what's there beyond that that would be absolutely necessary.
That said, a scheme 3 characters - 3rd level/2nd level/1st level could work.
Lizardfolk, who play a larger part in Q'Berra, the ones in the ECS are LA +1, 2 HD. Some of the core Psionic races are LA +1. If someone wanted to play an Inspired for some reason, they're LA +1. That's just to name a few off the top of my head.

That said, I like the 3/2/1 idea. But we can get into more detail if/when it gets off the ground.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
Lizardfolk, who play a larger part in Q'Berra, the ones in the ECS are LA +1, 2 HD.
Well, I'm pretty sure the core lizardfolk are as well. ;) Under this model, they'd start classless, of course.
Some of the core Psionic races are LA +1.
True, but they are hardly integral to Eberron. ;)
If someone wanted to play an Inspired for some reason, they're LA +1.
I seem to remember there were some factors that would make them undesireable to allow, but I'll need to take another look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads