Living Eberron - Gauging Interest Level

How much would you get involved in a Living Eberron campaign? (read before voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
Edit - See THIS thread.

There has been some talk about whether a Living Eberron campaign would be interesting to have and play in, similar to the Living Enworld and Living Supers model. To gauge whether there would be enough interest for such a game, I've started this poll. Note that this poll does not indicate that Living Eberron will ever happen.

Here's a short FAQ/Overview that should help with the poll.

What is a Living Campaign, anyway?
A Living Campaign, in the Enworld sense, is a persistent world, shared by multiple parties, GMs and judges, playing out multiple adventures. In such a shared world, even if the GM vanishes, your characters are not lost to limbo. They can return to whatever base there might be, or continue in the adventure under a new GM.

What material would be available?
From the start, for players likely only the core rules and the Eberron CS, but the judges will likely approve additional Eberron books quickly. Non-Eberron books are unlikely to be approved, though. Also, some material from the books may be off-limits.
DMs will have a broader variety of things to work with, as long as it stays in their adventures.

What organization matters are there that need to be fulfilled?
  • Approval of characters (while for the start, one judge might be enough, two judges works better)
  • Approval of adventures (mostly to make sure they fit the world)
  • Approval of proposals (which might add flavor, detail, or mechanics to the world)
  • Monitoring of adventures (to help the GM and approve awards, mostly; sometimes a judge might take over an orphaned adventure if he has enough information to do so; at other times, he might bring an orphaned adventure to a somewhat graceful end so that the characters can easier leave)
  • Coordination of other threads that need coordination
  • Discussion of campaign-related stuff (judge changes, storylines, etc)
Not all judges need to do everything. As noted, two judges are generally enough for character approval, and not everyone may be comfortable voting on mechanical proposals.

What would the canon be?
Most likely the canon from the ECS, and that from other books and sources that does not contradict it or other canon we establisged for our campaign. In all likelyhood, events from novels will be ignored. This is supposed to be our world to play in, after all.

I would play, GM AND help with the organization.
Then vote for all three. This is a multiple choice poll.

I can't vote, because I wouldn't be interested!
Since this poll is meant to gauge how many people would be interested in playing, GMing, or otherwise help, I left off the option to vote for "not interested" or "if it were not Eberron." If you aren't interested, don't vote.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Having all the Eberron books approved would be difficult for me.

RobotRobotI

First Post
I put in a vote for 'I would play', because I love eberron, but I don't really have what it takes to efficiently run a PBP game (which I think those who participated in the one game I ran a long time ago can attest to. :\ )

Bront

The man with the probe
I'd love to play and organize. I'm running a lot of things at the moment, so I don't want to commit to GMing at the moment.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I wouldn't be able to GM Living Eberron (or even Living FR, despite the fact that in my early years I GMed FR for 6 years straight) because in a living setting for a published world with many supplements, the players are going to know enough about the setting already from reading the setting books that I would be unable to GM it without being corrected on facts that may screw up the adventure (this is especially true for Eberron, as I don't own many of the non ECS books like Five Nations).

Just my two cents anyways.

Bront

The man with the probe
Just thinking on this, using books beyond the core books and ECS could be problematic. Anyone playing in a living Eberron setting would likely have the ECS book, but access to the other books could be spotty, even for GMs. So, if Player X is using an ability that is only in the Races of Eberron book, and the GM doesn't have it, wouldn't that be a bit of a problem?

I would assume that this would likely be based in Sharn, since that seems to be the easiest place to base these things.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Just thinking on this, using books beyond the core books and ECS could be problematic. Anyone playing in a living Eberron setting would likely have the ECS book, but access to the other books could be spotty, even for GMs. So, if Player X is using an ability that is only in the Races of Eberron book, and the GM doesn't have it, wouldn't that be a bit of a problem?

I would assume that this would likely be based in Sharn, since that seems to be the easiest place to base these things.
I'm not just talking about abilities though. I don't own Sharn, City of Towers, so any player who does would likely be correcting me every two sentences for continuity errors. To give my FR example, I do know much much more about FR than Eberron, but I haven't kept up with the updates made to the metaplot in the PGtF especially, so I could very well wind up using fun ideas I've had since 2nd-edition, only to realise that canon dictates that X doesn't rule in Y anymore :(

Manzanita

First Post
I've heard a lot of good things about eberron. If this started, I suspect I'd buy the book and join up. I think it would be unlikely that I would want to judge or DM. Not for some time anyway. Someone would need to be a dedicated patron for this subforum. Someone other than KO, I suspect.

Velmont

First Post
I would surely join up, as I like the experience of LEW and I find Eberron interesting. I wouldn't help for teh organization, Living Super being enough for me. I don,t want to do too much and just finish by doing nothing. Same thing for GM, I am not that familiar with the world, I have only the basic book and I would rather put the effort on some game that I run presently.

Now, I fear one thing, it is that it do competition to LEW as the very similar nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads