[Living Pathfinder]Frog Hunt

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elros scans the marshland and sees much the same as Willow: tall grass and saturated earth, narrow channels of water and the occasional deep pool. The ranger also hears the sound of frogs croaking all around and the distinct >plop< as they jump into deeper water, he sees the tell-tale bubbles giving away their hiding places, and even a frog or two with eyes just above the murky waterline. It should be easy to get the job done.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros points out frogs to those who are looking. he spots a nearby one and slowly moves towards it before reaching out with his bag to try to catch one.

[sblock=mechanics question]
GE I'm not sure what skills to use here.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Elros points out frogs to those who are looking. he spots a nearby one and slowly moves towards it before reaching out with his bag to try to catch one.

"Maybe we'd do best having some of us heard these hoppers in the directions of the others?" Nathan offers. "My color-change magic can also move very small things; could be good for rustling grass and spooking them out."

Nathan does his best to circle along the dry or shallow spaces to get opposite Willow and Elros, who seem more adept at this. He 'marks' any frog he actually catches sight of, and assuming none of the other object, when there are no frogs in sight, he sends tendrils of magic across the top of the grass and the surface of the ponds, hoping to spook out more.

If he actually succeeds, after marking the new amphibians, he'll try to use his 'rustling' antics to steer the fleeing frogs into the waiting bags of Willow and Elros.

[sblock=OOC]I figure a few blades of grass or a ripple in the water would both also fall under prestidigitation's purview.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow, HP: 9/9, AC: 19/12T/16FF, Saves: 3F/2R/6W, LL Vision
Boon, HP: 16+1/16, AC 17/13T/14FF, Saves: 4F/6R/2W, LL Vision, Scent

Willow steps quietly down to the others as the magic user starts turning the rocks orange. She listens to his advice nodding. "Own thinking too. Have Boon circle round, roar to flush frog to waiting sack. What think..." The tiny girls speech, while extremely limited, conveys a deep understanding of tactical movement and she goes on to make the others aware of the deeper water ways that could prove difficult to cross in heavier armors or to those not so inclined. The fiery sunset dipping toward the horizon turns the half elfs mirrored spectacles into a pair of boiling pools of light that hide the expression of the icey blue eyes behind them.

-if nobody objects-

The petite druid girl turns to her silent companion as she extends a hand over a leafy green shrub next to her and intones a few unintelligible words in some strange language. Her hand glows ever so slightly as she points to her friendly neighborhood tiger who's own blue eyes flash in response (cast Speak with animals). Then begins to purr and growl in some sort of meaningful way with her companion, pointing to the great cat and out into the swamp as she goes on. She places a hand on him a moment and his fur tossles as if hit by a breeze that nobody else can feel (Cast Virtue on Boon) before he turns to go to it.
[sblock=In Tiger]Need slimy little croakers. Boon circle out quiet and scare croakers back here.[/sblock]Handle Animal(seek)=27

[sblock=Spell List]Orisons: Create Water, Light, Virtue
1st lvl: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Animals[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Ta tries to use the basic grappling techniques he learned in the temple on the frogs. He tirs to circle them carefully, before quickly moving in. Hopefully the tricks of the others will not startle them before... he thinks, as he moves quickly but silently, with the grace of a panther despite his well-muscled frame.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

Stealth (1d20+6=18)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]If you don't know what skills to use don't worry about it. Just describe your actions and I'll figure out how it relates to skills. The important thing here is to write something. And when I say 'write something' I mean you need something more than one sentence. One sentence will likely only get you one roll with few modifiers and trust me, one skill check each is a sure way to fail this skill challenge. The goal here is to see a paragraph (with appended skill checks) that describes how you go about accomplishing the central goal of this short adventure. It would also help me if you indicate what posts you want me to count towards this challenge. I didn't expect this to be difficult; maybe I need to make a thread in the social group so we can discuss this more.[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli, having carefully, patiently observed the actions until now, reaches out and grabs a stone with his mind. He lifts his arm, causing the stone to dance about. He weaves the stone behind the frogs, trying to corral them toward the waiting sacks.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]If you don't know what skills to use don't worry about it. Just describe your actions and I'll figure out how it relates to skills. The important thing here is to write something. And when I say 'write something' I mean you need something more than one sentence. One sentence will likely only get you one roll with few modifiers and trust me, one skill check each is a sure way to fail this skill challenge. The goal here is to see a paragraph (with appended skill checks) that describes how you go about accomplishing the central goal of this short adventure. It would also help me if you indicate what posts you want me to count towards this challenge. I didn't expect this to be difficult; maybe I need to make a thread in the social group so we can discuss this more.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I guess I was just confused on how this was working. I read your initial explanation as meaning that you'd take our descriptions as a whole and, when we reached the point where those descriptions would reasonably result in finding / catching some frogs, you'd evaluate the descriptions to then tell us how many rolls we had each 'earned.'

So, I'd meant both Nathan's post about 'marking' frogs and his subsequent post about how he'd work to spook / herd the frogs to be part of his 'gathering rolls' attempts, as it were.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I need to review posts made up to this point and determine how well you all have done. If no one objects, in the interest of not delaying this too much longer I'll go ahead and make any extra rolls that I think are warranted. Hopefully I'll get this accomplished by this evening with results posted.[/sblock]

Remove ads