[Living Pathfinder]Frog Hunt

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow, HP: 9/9, AC: 19/12T/16FF, Saves: 3F/2R/6W, LL Vision
Boon, HP: 16+1/16, AC 17/13T/14FF, Saves: 4F/6R/2W, LL Vision, Scent

Initiative (1d20+2=18)

Willow hurls the flaming club at the beast, confident that whether she hits the creature or not, the simple wooden club will float. She slips in some however and the projectile splashes harmlessly into the water in front of the monstrous frog thing, causing the light it emits to bob and sway as the young druid draws her scimitar from her low hanging sheath and gives Boon the nod.

[sblock=Willow's Actions]Standard: Ranged Attack vs Boggard (1d20+2=6, 1d6+2=3)
Move: Draw Scimitar
Free: Nods to Boon, Will save vs Croak (1d20+6=12)[/sblock]

Boon's muscles coil like a black and white spring, waiting for one of the strange frogmen to get closer to shore before trying to sink his teeth into them.[sblock=Boon's Actions]Standard: Delay until an enemy gets closer to shore then make full attack, or charge to make a bite if they don't. Will save vs Croak (1d20+2=14)[/sblock]
[sblock=Spell List]Orisons: Create Water, Light, Virtue
1st lvl: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Animals[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan, on a second look at the branch, discovers that the branch is a decaying arm the hand of which has been dragged from the muck by his misstep. Something on the hand glints in the light generated by Willow's spell.

Rising up enough that it's head fully breaks the surface of the water is a humanoid creature with a frog-like head, its body still hidden by the deep, boggy water that it crouches in some fifteen feet from Nathan, the closest party member. The creature's neck swells with an intake of air and as its mouth cracks open a deep croak rumbles out, vibrates your very bones and fills you with a welling fear.

After the rumbling croak fades away another froggish creature, still mostly concealed in the deep water, begins to surface.

Nathan finds himself distracted by the glint of light on the hand--well, he finds himself distracted by the realization he just tripped over a hand, as well. It's not until the massive croaking sound that he turns in surprise. He recovers quickly, however, spitting out what sounds like a string of expletives as he appears to flail with surprise. However, the brief shimmer of air around him suggests a more practical reason behind his behavior.

"I heard about these things on my way into town," he says, backing away. "Boggard. Watch out that the sticky tongue doesn't lock on you."

[sblock=OOC]Will save. (1d20+2=17)

Since the DC for the know check was below 10, I believe Nathan can make the check even untrained, so I did that:

Know:Local check (1d20+1=16)

Initiative (1d20+2=20)

Action for the standard round: Casting Mage Armor, bringing AC up to 17, and using his move action to back away from the Boggard.

HP: 7
AC: 17 (Mage armor active)
Spells used (1st level) 1/4[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]@Walking Dad: It seems a wee bit questionable but I can't find any RAW reason to not allow a partial charge/jump/unarmed attack/stunning fist. I'm willing to give you the chance but I think Ta-Am-Ath would recognize that this is a risky maneuver... He can make the charge combination attempt or another action of your choice.

Still the surprise round until we resolve Ta-Am-Ath's action.

Willow can take a standard action OR a move action but not both yet. I'm assuming she threw the club and will draw her scimitar on the first full round of combat.
[/sblock]

Elros is certain that his arrow is flying true to his target but it hits the surface of the water less than a foot away from the Boggard and is deflected. The unblooded arrow spins off into the darkness.

Willow's club lights up the water where it lands. The second creature rising up from concealment in the water is not a Boggard but a frog of incredible proportions.

Ta-Am-Ath hovers at the decision point: to leap or not to leap...

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli wandered ahead of the group, muttering to himself about the Granite Heirophant. He stares off into the distance, heading on to the boat.

Then the horrendous, dark croak plays across the moor, rattling deep into Kanli's bones, liver.

He breaks his reverie and turns slowly, unsure of what he sees. Sweat forms on his brow as he responds.

"That's... not... granite!"

He tries to get away from the beasts as he weaves eldritch tendrils around his form.

[sblock=ooc]
Will Save:
1d20=7
Knowledge (Local):
1d20-2=9
Initiative:
1d20+2=13

Cast Shield on his action and move away from the boggards.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
End of the Surprise Round

Ta-Am-Ath leaps and with a large splash lands in mud and murky water nearly up to his knees. Unfortunately his kick misses and he is unable to prevent the Boggard's croak from reverberating throughout the area. Elros, Ta-Am-Ath, Nathan, and Boon manage to remain calm but Willow and Kanli feel a little fear that makes them just a bit more hesitant than normal.

The giant frog surfaces from a deeper part of the bog though it is still in fairly deep water and is now only half submerged. Neither the frog nor the Boggard make any move to come closer to the party.

Boon, on Willow's command, leaps forward when she sees their foes are not yet advancing. Marshy ground slows the tiger's charge and he isn't able to make his bite attack.

[sblock=OOC]If you don't make the rolls to match your actions (or that I've requested) then, in the interest of time, I'll make those rolls for you.

Willow & Kanli are shaken: -2 attacks, saves, & other checks.

Elros' Will save: 1d20=15 (success)

Boon can’t charge because of difficult terrain.

This ends the surprise round.

Round one – I have actions for Nathan, Kanli, & Elros. Need actions for Ta-Am-Ath & Willow/Boon

Initiative: Elros & Nathan, Willow, Ta-Am-Ath, Kanli, monsters, & Boon (post in any order)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Bog2.JPG
    Bog2.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 268

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, didn't label the map...
Bn = Boon, Willow's animal companion
Bg = Boggard
F = Frog
T = Ta-Am-Ath
K = Kanli
E = Elros
W = Willow
N = Nathan

The brown line is the solid trail.
The greenish-brown line is shallow bog w/ water about 1 foot deep.
The blue line is the edge of the deeper bog w/ water about 4 feet deep.

Ta-Am-Ath is in shallow bog (hampered terrain) and so cannot take a 5 foot step.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow, HP: 9/9, AC: 19/12T/16FF, Saves: 3F/2R/6W, LL Vision
Boon, HP: 16+1/16, AC 17/13T/14FF, Saves: 4F/6R/2W, LL Vision, Scent

Willow draws her scimitar from her low hanging sheath and gives Boon the nod to continue, Moving up the bank into position to attack the next time around.

[sblock=Willow's Actions]Standard: Move north 4 squares
Move: Draw Scimitar
Free: Nods to Boon[/sblock]

Being in ankle deep water doesn't seem to bother Boon in the slightest, and he unleashes a barrage of tooth and nail against the bow wielding beasty. His front paws seem to get stuck in the muck for a moment which fouls both his claw attacks, but his teeth find their mark. The black stripes on Boon's feet seem to be running.[sblock=Boon's Actions]Standard: Full Attack vs Boggard (1d20+2=3, 1d6+1=3, 1d20+2=3, 1d6+1=5, 1d20+2=14, 1d6+1=7) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2641736/[/sblock]
[sblock=Spell List]Orisons: Create Water, Light, Virtue
1st lvl: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Animals[/sblock]

OOC - That's instant karma for the double crit I just rolled in my LEB game :( Boggard takes 7.

Remove ads