Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Bront

The man with the probe
Congratulations Bront, Keia, Kylara, Nuke261, and Pheonix, the new Living Supers judges.

If you all could drop me an e-mail, we can discuss things back and forth before we figure out exactly how we want to work this. (No, I'm not presuming to take a head judge position, just trying to expidide things).

I can be reached at Bront20 at Gmail dot com (the e-mail function from the board will do the same thing).

I have an e-mail for Keia and Kylara. Pheonix, I don't have yours I think, and I don't have Nukes.

Remember, these e-mail addresses will be public on the forums, so choose one you don't mind putting out there.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Yes you do.
simek108 at earthlink dot net

I normally blind fold people before letting them use that. But they never emailed me for some reason.

namenotfound

First Post
Ive been lurking watching the LW M&M discussion, both here and in the comet thread. Im interested, but I have a question re the origin. Why does there have to be a single origin to superpowers? Im not trying to troll, just wondering.

The comet idea sounds alot like the Energy X idea from the PC game Freedom Force. But will all supers have to come from the comet (from 100 years ago to present?).

What about Aliens (like Superman)...demi-godish heroes that have presumably been around forever, and the source of past myths and legends (like Thor or Wonder Woman)..or Doctor Strange/Dr Fate Types?

I guess it comes down to a matter of flavor, but both the DC and Marvel Universes have heroes that come from a wide variety of sources.

Again just wondering..

Bront

The man with the probe
Some of the ideas, at least my comet idea, the powers are only linked to the comet in the manor in that that event changed things so other powers worked. People who use magic use magic, mutants are mutants, gageteers are gageteers, but the super power levels have been made possable by the comet. It's a catalyst, not the actual cause.

As for why there needs to be a unified background, well, for continuity of the world. Which is why we've decided not to allow for Aliens (Which, if you look at the vote earlier in this poll, was a fairly popular vote). The reason for the current alteration, well, it allows for the world to be mostly how we know it, with few changes, so players don't need to learn a long string of history to play. That may be good in a more private game, but we're opening it up for potentialy hundreds of players, and GMs. And with the open nature of a living world, where events can be shaped by adventures written by a single GM, there needs to be some sort of control and reference point.

You're right about the universes having a wide variety, but in the manor of some particular series, they are limited. Batman, for example, has no references to Aliens (at least as far as I know), at least as Batman alone (IE, not Justice League/Crossovers). X-Men is fairly limited to mutants only.

Hopefully that answers many of your questions :)

Velmont

First Post
There isn't suppose to have only one, but it help to explain why everything pop up at one time. Honsestly, my was greatly inspired by the Smallville series, when the meteor hit the city and the remains start to change the people of the town. Now, the comet I created is larger and affect more than a small town.

Remove ads