Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Velmont

First Post
It is in no hurry to decide to Character Creation judges, but if you need help, I might volonteer. I need just to see the time I have avalaible for that, as I am still adapting my shedules to my new job...

And before doing some character creation, I suggest we do a standard sheet for everyone. That sheet could even be made so it can be easily copy/paste into an Excel sheet that would calculate the PP spent and the maths... But before doing it, the 2nd edition book should be needed.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Velmont said:
And before doing some character creation, I suggest we do a standard sheet for everyone. That sheet could even be made so it can be easily copy/paste into an Excel sheet that would calculate the PP spent and the maths... But before doing it, the 2nd edition book should be needed.

As an Idea, I'd suggest using Simpson's Character Generator found at http://www.elyzium.net/mnm/index.htm . It can export standard d20 style stat blocks, and I'm told that the M&M2e version (which is already available at the Yahoo! group - http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mnm_hall_of_heroes/files/Excel_Character_Builder/ ) can even export to XML.

I've been using the 1e version of Simpson's character sheet for a while now, and have yet to encounter a serious problem - it's been able to handle any customisation I've needed, and I'm yet to see it calculate anything incorrectly, as many other automated character sheets do.

-Chris

Kylara

First Post
Corvus, there are a few issues with Simpson's sheet for 2.0 [Strength capacity is the one that sticks out at the moment], I am sure he will fix them, but it will take time to do so.

Some further thoughts on problem powers: Any power that can create large numbers of additional combatants can be an issue. With Summon Minion/Duplication, you can rapidly create 10-20 additional characters to be managed, and with the heroic extra, the difficulties explode further, just something to think about.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Kylara said:
Corvus, there are a few issues with Simpson's sheet for 2.0 [Strength capacity is the one that sticks out at the moment], I am sure he will fix them, but it will take time to do so.

Some further thoughts on problem powers: Any power that can create large numbers of additional combatants can be an issue. With Summon Minion/Duplication, you can rapidly create 10-20 additional characters to be managed, and with the heroic extra, the difficulties explode further, just something to think about.

It doesn't calculate right ? that's a downer - The 1e sheet always worked well. I'm sure it'll get fixed by the time 2e is in general circulation (I think that point is actually being discussed over at the Atomic Think Tank).

Probably worth thinking about going through the whole power list (once Amazon ships my copy, I'll be doing this anyway) and considering what powers could be game-breaking, and either restricting the power altogether, or limiting them to 1 or two ranks ...

-Chris

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Just checking in. I'm working through Simpson's 2.0 Excel sheet as well. Shouldn't be too long before everythings working great.

Keia

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I'll be traveling tomorow, but tomorow night I'll create that judge poll, so you have till then to declare/nominate a candidate. :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
LogicsFate said:
Hopefully "game breaking" powers would have been fixed coming into 2nd edition
It’s also a PbP thing. Mapping is more troublesome and powers like duplicate will always cause issues no matter what version there is as there is so many more “objects” to keep track off.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
LogicsFate said:
True, I just hope theirs someway to get around all the problems without simply dropping the powers, but we'll see when the books come out
Troublesome powers are probably going to still be troublesome… Postcognitive, Precognitive, and duplicate (mass numbers of them) top the list.

Remove ads