Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

LogicsFate

First Post
Keia said:
I'm thinking we don't have to worry about the location until we set the time, and the idea behind the living world . . . and gather some more support.

The book is well worth it. The basis may very well become a competing system to D20 very soon.

Keia

Most persistent campains seem to fit into their genre as genericly as possible, would we follow suit? Seem to be the best option, reletivly modern times, not to many major changes except the occasional villian popping up?

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, you can add a few major recient events (Recient as in starting in the past 25 years or so) that has lead to an increase of mutants, rogue technology, and other strange things. We don't even need to explain it (or could metaplot the source as time goes on, though not needed).

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, it's going to be multiple adventures written by multiple GMs, so it's not likely to be developed much directly, at least not right away.

If you leave it open though, you allow for people to come up with different origins, and the 25 years or so allows for a range of people from those born 25 years ago, to those alive any time durring those 25 years, to those than invent, ect.

LogicsFate

First Post
Yup :D

Here's a question, A lot of GM's that I have met, have dropped time control as an avalible power, how would we deal with the possible reprocutions of powers such as that?

(Anyway I've had a chronomancy in my head since I started posting here :D )

Festy_Dog

First Post
I must admit this has drawn my interest. I liked to see where this goes. I haven't got the 2.0 rules but I could find a way to get them.

Velmont

First Post
I like the idea. I've been on Freedom City and it was a good place while it worked... There have been many point that have been talked about, so let's give my opinion on each of these:

World Background:
I would go with modern earth with all new heroes. That would explain why everyone is low powered heroes at start. As the world evolve, time pass, heroes become more powerfull, as villain. The idea of a phenomena that repeat itself every few years is a good idea, that would raise the number of heroes/villain on earth with time (as the number of player grow larger), but I wouldn't restrict the people to it. I mean, if I want to play a cyborg, it is not phenomena that will transform part of my body into cybernetics...

World Area:
Now, I would go with something more like LEW, that mean that there is a central point where people gather and can have adventure. Now, what to have for that center point? An hotel (read as Inn)? Not sure it would fit. Maybe a virtual space, a forum where people, normal and heroes, gather on the net to discuss (but what would happen to someone who doesn't know a thing about computer?) or a governemental building (but what happen to independant?)

We could also go as FreedomCity was doing. Determining who come in an adventure OOC, but it break the RP... For now, I don't any idea that tells me 'That's the one!'

System:
I don't have the book, but for what I have seen up to now on the 2nd edition, I think it will be ebtter to go for it. And Bront is right, it will be better to keep the world running if we start with teh latest version. I think it will get out in store in the few next weeks. I am sure we can wait, anyway, there is a lot of decision to make before startting to play.

You want to see the preview of the 2nd edition? Just go on www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

Time System:
Immuable. The past cannot be change. With that we simplify a lot of thing. You want to do something in ancient Rome? Go in another dimension where the ancient Rome still in power.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Sounds like fun, although like many others I only have 1.0. Is it available as a PDF? I'm guessing that a lot of people are only playing on the boards and so buying a print book becomes less attractive. If it's available as a cheaper PDF?? If not, would there be a case to approach Green Ronin with a suggestion that a PDF version might see a mini sale boom for them. Show them some figures from the number of people playing LEW etc??

Cheers

Daz

Velmont

First Post
Nope, I've even never seen the 1st edition on PDF ( I mean, a scanned version). But they have put the hero creation chapter on there website with hero's template.

Remove ads