Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
Is there an M&M SRD?
No, there is no SRD for M&M.

LogicsFate said:
Since I don't have the rules(or have them easily avalible) would I have to be excluded?

LF, I obviously don’t know your situation but if you like/love superheroes your really doing yourself a disservice. The first edition of M&M was the best superhero RPG product ever, or at least it was till 2nd edition came out. Now 2nd edition is getting the same critical acclaim as the first edition and pretty much all who I have talked to see it as a vast improvement.

You really should get the book.

Notice I didn't say no it will exclude you but you will need the book to make a character, and/or have a friend who really loves you and will do it for you.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
A realy big city needs lots of heroes though (And of course, you're forgetting the greater metropolitan area) Gothem has several, and more keep showing up.

Gotham is a poor example, it has a handful most of which are connected to Batman… I would call them one team in all honesty.

A better example would be Marvel’s NYC.

Bront said:
I would recomend using perhaps some RL references, because it prevents the need to make maps.

I'm not sure I follow this... You mean city wise or country wise?

LogicsFate

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Notice I didn't say no it will exclude you but you will need the book to make a character, and/or have a friend who really loves you and will do it for you.

Hey bront how much do you love me? :lol:

Kidding, If this gets underway, I'd probly bye the book, but as my only gaming is here on the forums for the time being(till I can find a new group) buying books is almost a waste

Use real world maps, with out names or borders perhaps?

The starting city could be a very big city, perhaps one that has reached Megalopolis size?
take that puny Metropolis!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
LogicsFate said:
Kidding, If this gets underway, I'd probly bye the book, but as my only gaming is here on the forums for the time being(till I can find a new group) buying books is almost a waste.

I’ve not played at the tabletop since 1996 and I own alot of d20 books… ;)

LogicsFate said:
Use real world maps, with out names or borders perhaps?

I'm not sure what he meant... Anything real world would almost be too detailed.

LogicsFate said:
The starting city could be a very big city, perhaps one that has reached Megalopolis size? take that puny Metropolis!

I guess that's a possibility also... How many people does it take to make a Megalopolis?

LogicsFate

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I’ve not played at the tabletop since 1996 and I own alot of d20 books… ;)

I'm not sure what he meant... Anything real world would almost be too detailed.

I guess that's a possibility also... How many people does it take to make a Megalopolis?

you're so cool :D

There's alot of stuff you can ignore on the map, and drawing a map from scratch is not cool.
If, we use a modern world we could just clear the map and let DM's and players name the cities as we go along, or just keep the capitols and bigger cities around

megalopolis (meg-uh-lop-uh-lis)

A vast stretch of developed industrial urban area, such as the East Coast of the United States from Boston to Washington, D.C., or the Ruhr Valley in Germany. Megalopolis is from Greek words meaning “great city.”

A very large population

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm thinking we don't have to worry about the location until we set the time, and the idea behind the living world . . . and gather some more support.

The book is well worth it. The basis may very well become a competing system to D20 very soon.

Keia

Bront

The man with the probe
LogicsFate said:
Hey bront how much do you love me? :lol:
I don't own a book either, not a huge Superhero fan, but might at least see how this idea plays out, and maybe steal borrow a book from a friend.

Remove ads