• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

guesswhat12321

First Post
Hey sence this is general discussion I guess this would be the best place to ask, under what is not allowed on powers I saw the couple of things, such as how the heroic extras and how summon and duplication are not to go more then 5 extra people, but what about Memic, Boost Trait, And the transform Powers cause they all have the GM's note about allowing the powerfulest versions of the powers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
guesswhat12321 said:
Hey sence this is general discussion I guess this would be the best place to ask, under what is not allowed on powers I saw the couple of things, such as how the heroic extras and how summon and duplication are not to go more then 5 extra people, but what about Memic, Boost Trait, And the transform Powers cause they all have the GM's note about allowing the powerfulest versions of the powers.
I think they like to play it by ear and see what happens--they allowed a character with a fairly problematic Boost ability, for instance, and that helped everyone see that we needed to look at Boost more carefully.

Rystil Arden

First Post
guesswhat12321 said:
then I guess I will start making a PL8 char, that does alot of mimicing, that would be fun, and thanks for telling me.
No problem--now that isn't to say they let in obviously abusive characters, understand. What I'm saying is to give it a shot and make something you think is fun without going overboard. The judges will probably agree, and if not, they'll work it out with you to find a fun middle ground :)

VioletSamurai

First Post
Velmont said:
Trade-off is an all or nothing. It applies to all powers. So it is up to you to choose the trade-off you want. Just a tip, Power Attack can help you to have some versatility on that.

Unless that's a LivingSupers house rule, that is not actually correct.

Characters can choose an across-the-board tradeoff that affects all their traits, but Kenson has stated numerous times that they can also choose different tradeoffs for each power if they prefer. It is perfectly within the rules for a normally 15ATK/5DMG character to have one attack power that is 10ATK/10DMG.

horrible

First Post
Hey there!

Was looking for an MnM 2e and found this.

Couple of questions though, like is there room for another? ;) (I know it's a 'persistant' thing but if you got a heavy load I can just come back later)

And we all have to have been recruited or joined the resolutes? Do they have an age-minimum and the like?

Malthusian

First Post
Welcome horrible.

Couple of questions though, like is there room for another?
There's always room for another. I think there's a few new missions starting soon. I'll be starting one middle/end of January.

And we all have to have been recruited or joined the resolutes? Do they have an age-minimum and the like?
All characters are members of The Resolutes. I don't think there's really an age-limit on Resolute Recruits (atleast I haven't seen mention of such). If I remember correctly, Rybaer's character, Kid Dinosaur, is thirteen years old.

horrible

First Post
Alright I got a character and emailed it to the judges. Do I also have to post it in submissions?

It's kinda big and I don't know how to do the sblock things you guys do >_>

El Jefe

First Post
Oh, sblock is easy. The code is just [*sblock]The text you want in the sblock[/sblock*]. Now, when you do that without the asterisks (*), it looks like this: [sblock]The text you want in the sblock[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
VioletSamurai said:
Unless that's a LivingSupers house rule, that is not actually correct.

Characters can choose an across-the-board tradeoff that affects all their traits, but Kenson has stated numerous times that they can also choose different tradeoffs for each power if they prefer. It is perfectly within the rules for a normally 15ATK/5DMG character to have one attack power that is 10ATK/10DMG.

No it isn't a House Rule. It is possible for a character to have a 15ATK/5DMG character to have one attack power that is 10ATK/10DMG.

As I said, Tradeoffs are on a Per Attack or Per Defense basis. Though there must be rationale behind the various trade-offs. Just because it is legal does not mean it will be approved.

This is an Official Rule as per Core Book as clarified by Steve Kenson here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads