• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
+5/-5

you're talking flat numbers in relation to each other with a D20, (5%), so 50% of an absolute modifier is relitively meaningless as a control.

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
+5/-5

you're talking flat numbers in relation to each other with a D20, (5%), so 50% of an absolute modifier is relitively meaningless as a control.

I am certainly no mathematician, how is limiting it to half power level relatively meaningless?

Rystil Arden

First Post
If you trade-off overly much, you eventually reach the point where your character is completely ineffective against usual opponents unless you have some sort of crazy scheme to work around the trade-offs (I've seen one such crazy scheme involving lots of Improved Critical feats and Autofire, for instance). This is because you'll nearly always fail to get what you want from the roll where you took the trade-off penalty.

Bront

The man with the probe
hero4hire said:
I am certainly no mathematician, how is limiting it to half power level relatively meaningless?
Check the table with damage success percentages that I posted in that thread. for the most part, the best +/- succcess ratio is usually best if your to hit is +1 over their defense, and dmg is -1 over the toughness save, assuming both are maxed out. After that, the extremes actualy hurt you more than help for the most part.

Malthusian

First Post
When submitting missions, how much information about the Mission itself do the Judges need? Should the submission be detailed or would a brief synopsis with Key Plot Points be sufficient? Also... Do I need to submit the Mission to all Judges? If not, which Judge should I email?

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
Check the table with damage success percentages that I posted in that thread.

Heh! I did...But I was hoping you would spoon feed me. :heh:

To quote El Jefe:
El Jefe said:
Yeah, probably more math than you want to think about on a holiday (if you're in the US) morning.

hero4hire

Explorer
Malthusian said:
Also... Do I need to submit the Mission to all Judges? If not, which Judge should I email?

A good question that...The last adventure was e-mailed to all the judges which meant we couldn't go on the adventure (as all of us also play in LS)

So I think the best answer would be to send it to judges that cant play in the module.

I believe Salix, Bront, and Velmont all have all of thier characters in modules, Salix is out of town but Bront and Velmont should be alright.

I myself have a character that can go on one. ;)

Malthusian

First Post
Hmm... Some of you guys are a bit intimidating. All you LS Old Schoolers be forewarned, my first mission here will be the first PbP game I've ever GM'ed. But, to assuage any fear that may bring, I've been writing short stories for years, so my adventure ideas are (loosely) plotted out like a novel.

I hope to bring some really good ideas to the world of The Resolutes, some of which I'm sure I'll need to discuss with the Judges at some point.

Now, what about the question of submission details? Any suggestions on preference?

Velmont

First Post
Send you submission to all judge, but put in the subject: LS: Mission sumbmission. If a judge want to participate in the mission (like H4H), he will be bale to simply skip it.

And don't be intimidated. LS is running for a bit more than a year now. I might be on this board since four year, I've been mastering PbPs for less than 6 months and I havn't mastered a MnM game yet. Everyone must start somewhere, everyone have or will pass by his first mission or adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads