• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers/M&M - Proposals for the Origin

Velmont

First Post
Here, I've made some change to the proposal, mianly to adapt to the present timeline and adapting some events to the 'new' reality of that world.

=====

April 2003
Rufus Gotberg, from the Dutch Science Academy reveale his discovery. A meteor from the outer solar system have been deflected from his course after an impact with a larger meteor in the meteor belt. The meteor, who was suppose to pass far from any planet have a new trajectory, and the earth will be in the middle of it in less than two years.

June 2003
The NASA, with the help of the Canadian Space Agency confirm the discovery of Rufus Gotberg. One week later, it is the Japanese to colloborate the informations. The meteor of the size of Switzerland should hit the earth. The impact should happen somewhere in the Mediteranean sea.

January 2004
The Enterprise, one of the new American Shuttle, and Ariane 6 are both lauch. They carry enough nuclear warhead to turn North America into a wasteland. These missiles will be launch from the international space station to stop the meteor.

June 2004
The space station is finally set. The meteor should impact the Earth in November 2004. The missiles will have to be launch before the end of September 2004, or it will become impossible to change the meteor of his course.

July 2004
The day of the launch finally arrive. Tragedy, half of the russians missiles failed the last checklist. A space mission is made in a hurry in the american shuttle enterprise. A second tragedy hit, the shuttle have a reactor failure. The shuttle cannot exit the atmosphere and dive directly into the Atlantic. One of the man die in the incident, the others are saved.

August 2004
Ariane 5 is sent to repair the missiles. The mission is accomplish, but the reparation have taken too much time. The launch finally happen, but some scientific told the deadline is behinds, other says the opposite.

September 2004
Impact of the missiles. Sadly, the meteor seems heavier than prediected. The meteor is slow down a bit, but continue on his course.

December 2004
Dark day for the Earth. The meteor enter the atmosphere and hit 120km west of Phillipines. The islands are heavily damaged by the tsunami created by the meteor. All the coast of the country around the Indian ocean: Thailand, India, East Africa, Australia... are all victims of the waves at different degree. The heat of the meteor also create a huge cloud of vapor and dust. That cloud travel around the world, leaving heavy rain in many countries. During a almost a year, climatic change can bee seen around the world. Draught strike severly in Africa, hurricanes strike harder than usual in Mexico Gulf, destorying many islands and the south of the united states. The Guatemala is strike with heavy rain for days. The meteor also weaken the tectonic plate of India. Tremors can be felt regulary on that region, but one of the biggest hit the Pakistan. The world slowly answer to these catastroph, not used to see them strike so close of each others.

November 2005
The first effects of the meteor start to fade. The clouds have finally drained. The reparation fo all the damage have started. The world economy grow string from the activity the reconstruction is creating. The European Economic Comunity become the largest economical power, as they have been spared by the Tsunami. The discovery of a new island in the Pacific rais the activity of the scientific community of the world. The new volcanic island have appeared in the impact site of the meteor. The volcano is pretty active, pushing more dust in the atmosphere.

December 2005
Vincent Foret a canadian geolog, and Lee Sin Ton, a chinese oceanograph explore the new island. They are the first to set foot on the new island. They came back with some sample of the island. A new unknown element is discovered in the samples. The new element is radioactive, but little else is discovered for the moment.

January 2006
Lee Sin Ton is missing at his laboratory. Vincent Foret enter the hospital. After two weeks under examination, he is found dead. The week after, his body is found missing.

Febuary 2006
Vincent Foret is found in the heart of the boreal forest. His body is made of stone. He is attacking some forest industy. The police cannot do anything, as he is strong as 100 men and he is bullet proof. His track his lost and reappear the day after 2000 km form that place, attacking another forest industry. His fifth attack is made near a military base. Foret is killed by a missile lauch from a jet. his body is recovered by the gouvernment. The USA ask the Canada to have access to the body. Some investigation are made by the Chinese government on Lee Sin Ton after these events, but the investigation is maintain under secrecy.

April 2006
The first report of mutant after the Foret & Ton event are made. This time, it is throught the world... and here the story begin!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nice origin story, Velmont. Theres some good stuff to work with in there.

Still looking for suggestions on origins.

Good job everyone so far!! :)

Keia

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, as many wanted to see it more close to the present, I've integrated some recent events in the storyline, with just small modification, like the Tsunami, Katrina, the earthquake in Pakistan, the rain in Guatemala...

I've let the origin open because I think what would fit best with such story is the Mutation origin. In mutation, it can be as much physical than mental, so Psionic and Psychic could easily integrated. Technology power source could easily integrated with the appearance of some super-intelligent people and with the raising of funding in R&D to fight back the mutant threat, as there will surely be some mutant that will go wild. That would include some Biological implant or devices. As natural, there would always be Skilled people and other who have taken long Training.

That would leave only leave Alien, Chi, Divine, Magic, Mystic, Preternatural out of the setting. All (except alien) are related with occult, and I honestly don't see fit there appearance in that world. But as many people have show interest to see them in the world, I have prefered to just leave that open.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Official Vote: Keia

Origin story: Bront's World

Suggested changes:
- Different name for Granite (which is a great hero name)
- Change League of Heroes to something that the U.N. charter would actually issue (examples: Task Forces, etc.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Official Vote: Bront
Origin Story: Bront's World

I vote because I've gotten good feedback from the other judges, and want to contue. With 3 votes, it's official, though we're open to renaming the League, and Granite (Shale? Rockskin? It should be a catchy media name).

I vote this way not because I don't like Velmont's (I do, and am willing to work an event or two into the world with the approval of the other judges). However, I believe, as do several of the other judges, that a simpler and less involved background is better for a more open story.

Keep submitting stuff though Velmont, your contributions are appretiated and it's good to have them from someone who can put forth creative and detailed ideas.

Velmont

First Post
I see no offence of having 0 vote... but for detail, I thought there were not enough. I mean, that lenght is a short background for a character, but we were talking about a world. It need more detail.

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, you're welcome to offer a few more background ideas, but with mine, the Supers are almost completely new, so the super team is in it's infantcy (The first few players being the first UN heroes)

I think the UN Team needs a bit more fleshing out, but now that we can focus on it, we can discuss it openly and get some feedback.

Velmont

First Post
The UN aren't the fastest organisation I've seen... any governemental organization are slow and will react promptly only if there is some serious trouble. I think there need to be threat serious enough for the UN to put his hand in it. Secondly, the threat should not be only against one nation, but many. Last, the threat should be outside the great powers juridiction. Having here and there one person abusing his power but he can be handle by the local army shouldn't be much of a problem. Now, if you have North Corea and South Corea, each with a squad of Super and makes war against each other, that would unstabilize the other country... what would happen if other country would build such team... and you can count on the USA, China, Russian, European community to build there own, but what woudl happen to African country, south american. They would do pression. Country like Canada would support them and would ask all nation to refer to UN authority for that matter.

Remove ads