• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LN vs. N: Lawful Neutral Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
Missed! (Rolled 7 & 13)

Round 12:

The beetle bites again and hits! (Rolled 14) 7 points of damage! Junior is at -3 hp and dying!

The myconid doesn't take an action and is defeated! The beetle tries to enjoy a mushroom feast but its prize is teleported away.

Next up for LN: a warforged scout (MM III)

Gansk

Explorer
The arrow bounces off the beetle's carapace. (Rolled 14)

Round 13:

The beetle charges to position 110N15E, directly south of the scout. (A 20 foot move by the scout would put him at 115N15E)

The beetle attacks and misses. (Rolled 4+2 for charge =6)

Gansk

Explorer
Using the SW corner of the square as a reference, 115N is as far north as possible.

The scout's back is against the north wall of the arena, so any 5 foot step to the east or west would result in a AoO by the beetle if the scout fired his bow.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Sorry about that. I cannot believe I messed up on position two posts in a row. I will try to be more careful.

Instead, the scout goes around the east side of the beetle (giving it an AOO) and moves to 95N20E. He fires a shot from that spot, if still alive.

Gansk

Explorer
The beetle misses the AoO! (Rolled 7)

The scout's arrow misses as well! (Rolled 9)

Round 14:

The beetle charges south 10 feet to 100N15E and attacks.

Misses! (Rolled 11+2 for charge = 13)

Gansk

Explorer
The arrow strikes true! (Rolled 17) 2 points of damage! The beetle has 2 hp left.

Round 15:

The beetle takes a 5 foot step to 95N15E and tries to get revenge.

Missed! (Rolled 9)

Remove ads