Locations & Prices for ISRP RL event.

Haeron

First Post
I would volunteer however I am unsure of just how much of a commitment I can make. I can probably assist in small individual tasks....But I am a mother of two and working full time with a terrible one and a half hour commute everyday. I am undergoing doing some renovations on my home which takes up any left over time I have.....As well as spending time with my new husband. I check the boards often...So I could add some ideas and suggestions that way. :)

Kallikrates

First Post
More and more good ideas to keep this thing rolling.
Remember to be impartial and unbiased and think of us as entire group.

Majority rules so long as the right of the minority are not ignored.

Adrie

First Post
a friend of mine might be able to offer us his property to use, they have 12 acres of land... they are figuring out if it will be do able

MistyThorin

First Post
Adrie said:
a friend of mine might be able to offer us his property to use, they have 12 acres of land... they are figuring out if it will be do able

One thing to keep in mind, using someone's private propterty will be rough camping in the extreme. There won't be any running water or toilets, so the group would have to rent porta-potties. People would have to haul in their own drinking water as well as food. I know, I do a rough camp like this almost every year in Connecticut, for a Beltane celebration held on a private farm out in Oxford.

However, I can drive to that. Plenty of room in the car for the tent, the bedrolls, the cooler of drinks and the other one of foodstuffs... and at that, I generally plan to buy half my meals there, as one of the best camping cooks I know (who also does catering) runs a food tent.

But the problem I see is, the rougher the camping, the fewer people will end up making it. Not just because plenty of folks don't like the thought of camping with no showers, sinks, or real toilets, either. Because anyone who isn't in reasonable driving distance of the site is going to have to think long and hard about the logistics of getting there.

Like, I might be willing to fly to a camping event held at a campground with a store. I could pack the tent-portion of my tent into my big cooler (pity the poles won't also fit) for the flight so I'd only have one piece of extra luggage to pay for, then purchase my food and ice at the camp store. But if I had to fly out with food and potable water as well as the tent and other gear... well, that's getting spendy enough that I doubt I'd be able to make it. Not to mention, it would be tougher to arrange for rides between the airport and the campsite.

When its decided if we are doing our own, we can elaborate more on our options, the pros and cons of them.

Private property/camp grounds: would mean roughing it, less comfortable and well it might just not appeal to some. Etc etc

Close to city,town etc: Find a recreational park grounds or a camp ground close to well civilization gives the option of sleeping on the dirt or well in a bed of a hotel. Ect ect

There are lots of options, but there can be more that vote also.

Adrie

First Post
they are located in Western Maryland. as I have said they are working on how well it would work. there is a town nearby with hotels for people to stay in if they wish, they are reasonably priced.
they own an old horse farm that has living quarters, think of like when you would go away to camp during the summer as kids. so there would be facilities for people.
actually if i recall right it was once used as a girl scout camp

Remove ads