Locations & Prices for ISRP RL event.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Captain_Sakar'ri said:
are we all missing something simple and basic. this is the season for Renaissance and Medival Faires... we COULD meet at one of those...

*pats head and points to the Vote Vote Vote thread with a smile* We are currently voting on if we want to do our own thing or latch onto another existing con/festival/etc... We will know that by December, which we are going to do I mean. But this thread was intended for Locations and Prices, and so far there are only a few amongst the many of other posts. So please, let's get some locations and prices down here for all the ISRPers to skim through. And while I am at it, Ruthia mentioned we should vote on which state to have it in by selecting the most likely states then voting from there. I think that might be a good idea.

Upon the Ruthia request, again, that is what the RL event thread is for, to get the locations of all that wish to go, and can go, then to centralize the locations as best we can. Using our best understanding of the locations that would be best, weather, travel distance, and the likes. Atleast thats what I had in mind when I started it.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
Upon the Ruthia request, again, that is what the RL event thread is for, to get the locations of all that wish to go, and can go, then to centralize the locations as best we can. Using our best understanding of the locations that would be best, weather, travel distance, and the likes. Atleast thats what I had in mind when I started it.

But of course Brutal. I'm hoping everyone that is voting is also taking a look at the various threads that have reference to this whole idea. It would be nice to make sure everyone is up to date on all info. ^_^ But please remember, I made this thread for prices and location ideas until the voting is over. So if we may please keep it to the point, it would make it much simpler. ^_^

Imreis

First Post
It is not much but at least it is an idea for this. Granted that i know if this is only located in Michigan but there is a gaming convention called Marmalade Dog. I thought this was a good place since it is a gamers convention to start already where theres a good influence of fantasy, modern and other such settings already.

Granted we can't just say, hey lets all go there BUT it may afford us all some ideas. Heres a link to the conventions website which happens every year in March.

http://www.marmaladedog.org/

Also to point out Marmalade Dog is really cheep! its about $20 for the full event or $7 a day, with no parking fee on Saturday or Sunday.

Now, Even if we don't do it at this place, what about hosting it on a collage campus? Most larger collages will rent out large halls for such things, big campus' always always have fast food joints, pizza places, and other delectable yummy things to eat. Secondly, people may feel more safe with large amounts of people around for them to run to if they think they have to. Campus' usually have cheep lodging hotels, motels or other like places near them because they tend to draw alot of attention to them.

Just a thought?

Last edited:

Remove ads