Logging in to the mobile app with Google credentials

When I found EN World, I clicked on the "login with Google" option, which created an account here that is attached to my email address. However, that option is not seen in the Android app. Since Google does the authentication, I did not set a sepparate password for this account. Is there a place I can do that? Or is the Google app just not available to me?

The EN World website presents new users with multiple options to sign up. Login via Facebook, Login via Google, Login via Redit, (possibly another one) and Create Account. I clicked Login via Google. My username and email were set by Google. I did not set a password. When I log into EN World, I have to log into my Google account, and that authorises me to log into EN World. Since my Google account is always logged in, I automatically log into EN World.

The mobile app only has a login page asking for a username/email and a password. That is not the Google login page, so I will NOT be typing in my Google password. So my question is: Is there a way to modify my account so that it has its own password associated with my email address that I can use to log into the mobile app?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The EN World website presents new users with multiple options to sign up. Login via Facebook, Login via Google, Login via Redit, (possibly another one) and Create Account. I clicked Login via Google. My username and email were set by Google. I did not set a password. When I log into EN World, I have to log into my Google account, and that authorises me to log into EN World. Since my Google account is always logged in, I automatically log into EN World.

The mobile app only has a login page asking for a username/email and a password. That is not the Google login page, so I will NOT be typing in my Google password. So my question is: Is there a way to modify my account so that it has its own password associated with my email address that I can use to log into the mobile app?

Ah, I see! So the issue is you don't know your EN World password because it was set for you. That's a good question.

The easy workaround is to request a password reset. But that's not elegant; I'll look into a more elegant solution. Thanks for letting me know, BTW -- that literally hadn't occurred to me!

Remove ads