Lone Wolf I: Shadows on the Dorn

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
After a few moments, Davias comes to, slowly. After hearing that Jesabela has the scroll and is attempting to lead the Helghast astray, he nods. He looks about and gets his bearings. "Ahh. Here, I have a friend up this street. We can wait for the piratess there." He leads them to a small apothecary shop and knocks on the heavy wooden door. The door cracks open, and in the opening appears the face of a lean, dark-cloaked man. Davias explains your situation and the man nods, beckoning you inside. As he steps back from the door, you notice a wooden, fish-shaped medallion around his neck.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Just Moving Along...

Nearly a half hour later, Davias spots Jesabela walking down the street outside. He beckons her over to the shop. He asks her the same coded question he received, and after receiving an identical answer to the one he gave, he nods.

"I've still got it," Jesabela says as she enters the Redeemer's shop.

"We should get this to King Alin," Davias says to the others. Then he sighs. "That was a Helghast back there at the inn. The Darklords must be involved, but we're far from the Black City. Why should they be interested in a horde of Szalls and Kai alone knows what else?"

Krug

Newshound
"There's trouble afoot, certainly," says Hoagar. "The Darklords roam far and freely these days. It is a dark time."

Relenoir

First Post
Sorry everyone, I got sick last Saturday and barely moved from the couch until yesterday. Andrew, with my Healing Discipline, do I recognize this man to be a member of the Redeemers and know anything about the order?
"Maybe they plan to utilize the szalls, or creatures of the Maakenmire, for their own insidious plans?" Moon's Brand asks. "Perhaps they feel the Wildlands left wild are a place where they will want to launch future attacks on Sommerlund and Durenor, or would rather have that wedge of land in between our two countries to keep one from helping the other as quickly as we would otherwise. Whatever the reason, I agree; we must get this scroll to your king as quickly as possible, Davias. What is our best route for doing so?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Well," Davias says in response to the Kai Lady, "to that question, I can offer you several options." The Redeemer hands him a map of the Wildlands and Durenor. He traces a finger across the Gulf of Durenor. "While the most direct route would be by sea to Port Bax and thence through Tarnalin into Hammerdal, if the agents of the Darklords desire to stop this scroll from reaching its destination, they are sure to be waiting for us there. But there it is, should you wish to attempt it."

He coughs and then his finger travels through the Kaltersee. "Alternately, we could sail to Lof and attempt to gain entry to the capital through one of the northern tunnels, which should be more lightly guarded. As an alternative to both of those," he traces a path from Ragadorn through the Rymerift, "we could attempt a voyage to the city of Ryme. A sea voyage to Ryme would be extremely difficult, but that can work to our advantage. The Darklords would certainly not be expecting such a thing. I am certain Baroness Aledona of Ryme could help us enter without hindrance. But who would attempt a sea voyage through the Rymerift, I cannot say." He is looking pointedly at Jesabela.

"Dark times indeed these are, my small friend," he says to Hoagar. "I fear your gun has not seen its last use."

[sblock]Moon's Brand recognized him as a Redeemer. She could remember - or was taught - only that they are a group of healers who wander the many lands of Magnamund, and that they are pacifists and even refuse to defend themselves.

And since I never specified early on, it's MS 5022, almost 30 years before Flight from the Dark.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Well it is a weapon to be used," says Hoagar, irked by the use of the word small. "Now.. shall we depart to Ryme?"

Relenoir

First Post
"Aye, my friend. I agree; although possibly the most difficult route to begin with, I think it will get us to Hammerdal most easily once the initial difficulties have been passed. I know you've spent time on the sea, what say you, Jesabela?" Moon's Brand inquires, then continues on to satisfy her further curiosity. "What is it that makes the Rymerift so treacherous anyway? From what I can see, we just follow the coast, then sail up the channel. No open ocean storms or tides, and we'd never be far from friendly Durenese soil. Is there something I don't know about?" she finishes, looking to Davias and Jesabela.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"An easy route, true," Davias answers the Kai. "But the Rymerift is narrow, and the waters somewhat rocky and treacherous, even moreso than the sea near the Kirlundins. The Lakuri Pirates make trips through the Rift, however, so sailing it is certainly possible."

Jesabela nods. "The Pirates make frequent stops here in Ragadorn. If we could find one with a ship, we could perhaps book passage on his vessel."

[sblock]I wish I could get a hold of Paido; I wonder what's up. He hasn't been here since just after Christmas. And we're coming up, too, on the beginning of the second thread. So finish up any conversations with Davias, and let me know in an OOC section whether you're done.[/sblock]

Paido

First Post
And the route won't be as freezlingly cold as the voyage to Lof ... she thinks to herself. "Shall we go then? The sooner we move, the better. After all, there's still a Helghast at large!"

Sorry again for taking so long ... I'm definitely not in the process of slowly dropping out, there's just a lot demanding my attention lately. :\

edit: Oh, by the way, at whom are these spoilers aimed? Just so I know whether to peek or not ...

Last edited:

Remove ads