• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Longspear in Glove of Storing?

Corwin

Explorer
I agree that limiting it to ONE item isn't always practical. I would allow a backpack full of stuff (as long as it stays within the 20 pound limit).

In one of the games I currently play, my PC is an evil wizard with a glove of storing. In a recent encounter, we defeated a major villain with a powerful, evil sword. I wanted it but the other PCs wanted to destroy it. Since my wizard can cast disintegrate (and the other PCs know it, I even used it in that very battle), I told them I would comply. I made a few flamboyant gestures and tucked the sword into my glove. The other PCs think I destoyed it and I get to keep it. ;)

And, BTW, the glove has been errata'ed to needing only a free action to store and retrieve.

Another tactic I use for it is to keep a potent scroll or wand in it so I can retrieve it for free, use it, and tuck it back away. All during combat when I also want to keep a hand free in case I need to cast a spell.

I love that glove.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
The only problem I have ever had with the Gloves of Storing is when you have a Talosian Shortspear in one hand and a Rod of Fury +2 in the other hand both being stored by the Gloves and then you are knocked unconcious by a Rogue and as he is standing over your body with a fellow party member (Monk Half-Dragon) running at him he has 6 seconds to grab a few items. He grabbed my amulet of Natural Armor +4, my Gloves of Storing and my Rod of Maximization lesser I had dropped. My DM was not thinking the Rogue got away with much until I reminded him what I had stored in my Gloves. That Rogue made off with about 100,000 GP worth of stuff, and I was most displeased. Especially when my scry attempt seemed to be blocked and then I just wrote the stuff off.

Most annoying....

ttyl and enjoy

-Rob-

Altalazar

First Post
Wow, that's a lot of stuff to grab in a single round, especially when some of it is worn by someone else. Did the rogue do anything else that round?

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Well these were a combination of Rogue/Shadow Thieves of some sort and I think they might even have been hasted. Also, I did forget to mention that for one round he did pick my body up and run with it, and then the Half-Dragon, finished with killing the evil wizard, came after him. Making him drop my body do a short scan of my body and taking what he could and then bolting for his life. I was most annoyed...

This adventure we are currently running is even more annoying due to the fact that we have to content with several Dead Magic zones and wild magic zones combined. I believe it was some 2E adventure our DM converted and we are after these Artifacts that are basically Ioun Stones but attuned to the different schools of magic. Surrounding each of these stones is a dead magic zone and then a wild magic zone surrounding that. Most annoying when you are a Sorcerer that is very attune to combat spells. Half the time my spells either don't work or I get pelted with rotten fruit. At one point when I was casting Enervation at another Wizard it got rebounded at me, thankfully I am an Incantatrix and immune to negative energy, which also helped against the Finger of Death that rebounded as well.

Since that time I have bought a Taloshain Shortspear ( Magic of Fearun ) and bought a couple scrolls of Tenser's Transformation. So outside of the Wild Magic zone I Polymorph myself into a Stone Giant and then cast Tenser's Transformation on myself. With just the polymorph spell I get my AC up to 31 ( wearing mithril chain shirt +3 along with a few other items) and then if I roll well with the spell I can get my AC up to 39 I believe. My attack bonuses get up to about +35, +30, +25 and my hit points are somewhere around 140 or so. Makes me a good effective tank during these times, now as long as we stop fighting the Great Wrym White Dragons in his lair which happens to be filled with freezing water our group might accomplish something.

My DM is sometimes a pain in the ass.....

Christian

Explorer
Well, since the original question seems to have been answered, I don't feel too bad chiming in with my bad jokes ...

[Austin Powers]I keep a longspear in my codpiece of storing, baby![/Austin Powers]

Remove ads