looking for 1-20 adventure for young group

HandofMystra

First Post
Hi,
I am doing my first DMing campaign (I only use pre-made adventures) with a group of my son's 10-12 year old friends and a D&D newb. They are at third level now and I had just set up Sons of Gruumsh (without reading it in detail d'oh) in Greyhawk (Hold of the Sea Princes). I saw this thread Sons of Gruumsh thread and got scared - this is a kick-open-the-door group. The earlier part of the dungeon has been DCC #2 and #14 part 1. I think that I will ask them to suspend this campaign for awhile so that I can figure out and prep where they are going next. I want to start a minimal prep 1-2 adventure or adventure path that will work for this group. I was wondering what there is out there. I was thinking the Shackeled City (I would prefer to be in Oerth so that I can use PHB gods, none of my players have any other books).

gfunk

First Post
Well, all of the 1-20 modules/Dungeon adventures tend to be the "hack and slash" type, which would work for your group. The problem is, being the meat-grinders that they are, they tend to kick up the combat difficulty significantly. Shackled City and Age of Worms in particular, practically demand that your group displays excellent tactics and teamwork.

If you can somehow can bring this out in your group, these would be fun adventures for all involved.

krichaiushii

First Post
Well, since you have already started down the DCC path, why not build a path of those adventures?

There are bound to be persons on this board who can recommend a decent path, if only by reading the recommended "paths" from the boxed set book.

Remove ads