• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a few good ops

Knight Otu

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
No, but the link doesn't go anywhere. This is what it links to:
http://enworld.org/#
That might be because it isn't a "real" link. It's true, it doesn't lead anywhere, but it has an 'onclick' effect that opens a new window with the chat.

Or at least, it should do so, but I haven't tried it. There may be reasons it doesn't work (from experience, this type of link doesn't work with right-clicking or mouse-wheel clicking).

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Knight's got that right. I tried coming up with a direct link for a few minutes last night but it's hidden :) Just click it and it should load a new window with the java chat. If it doesn't use either of the two options I gave you, or ask me for help :)

genshou

First Post
I think the IRC client is your best bet. A browser-opened window will just get lost behind all those elf pr0n sites EN World threads you're looking at.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Thanks KO, I had pop-up windows disabled, so that was an issue too.

thatdarncat, I seem to remember that splash page that's used whenever EN World goes down has a direct link, but I could be wrong. It should be the same link that's in your sig (which does work with right-clicking, by the way), and it'd be nice if that direct link was somewhere on the front page or somewhere on the website.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
well the difference is where the java applet you're launching is hosted. The link on the menu is hosted here on EN World and automatically signs you in with your board nickname. The one in my signature is hosted by psioncis.net and doesn't have that board integration.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ah, gotcha. That's not a significant difference to me, though. I'm curious to know which route is more often used.

Veander

First Post
Even if you're not interested in an Ops position, join the chat anyway! If not that, then there is a Psionics.net teamspeak as well.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
mIRC or other IRC client is most common by a wide margin. EN World java and Psionics java account for a very small fraction of users. They both use essentially the same java client. I think Psionics has more options turned on than EN World, but EN World does your username for you.

xmanii

Explorer
Trillian is another popular way to chatting on psionics.net. I'm fairly certain Gaim and Miranda can be used as well.

Bynw

The Oyarsa of IRC
Yes any of those IRC client programs work, even Chatzilla does to a point. But its not fully compatible, there will be messages you cannot see with ChatZilla.

Remove ads