• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a random weather generator

theRogueRooster

First Post
Anyone know of a good random weather generator? I'm not looking for software, but rather a regular system using dice. Are there any posted on the web?

Thanks,
-tRR

Balgus

First Post
I use the infamous wheel of weather. You set it up by your side next to the DM screen and go from there.

"OK, you are walking through the woods, and the birds are chirping. It's the middle of..."
*spin wheel* "Winter and the wind is really biting. "
"But you said the birds are chirping"
"It froze to death"

:D

GrumpyOldMan

First Post
There is d20/d6 based weather generation system in the HârnWorld Module, I’m not sure if it’s available elsewhere. It is a seasonal system with four separate tables, one for each season. It is also, at least in theory, ‘cool temperate,’ so no good for your deserts or arctic tundra.

grodog

Hero
For folks owning the Dragon Archive, Dragon #68 includes David Axler's excellent "Weather in the World of Greyhawk" article, which was reprinted in the 1983 World of Greyhawk box set. It's quite good!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads