• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a SRD encounter generator.

ClamathUbertanq

First Post
Just Wondering if anyone has seen an encounter generator that uses the SRD materials, or better yet ties into the database that is used by Etools. I'm trying to find a tool to help me generate encounters based on party members levels and monster HD. If anyone knows of a tool that could help me out I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Last edited:

smetzger

Explorer
ClamathUbertanq said:
Just Wondering if anyone has seen an encounter generator that uses the SRD materials, or better yet ties into the database that is used by Etools. I'm trying to find a tool to help me generate encounters based on party members levels and monster HD. If anyone knows of a tool that could help me out I would really appreciate it

Thanks

My Monster program allows one to sort by CR and output statblocks for selected monsters. See Sig...

schporto

First Post
I wrote something in Perl to generate random encounters (and treasure) based on encounter level and stuff. I could probably pack it together and post it, but.. Its rough. Very rough. It works for me, but its badly documented, uses data from Andargor and the srd, and probably won't be usable if you don't have some experience hacking at code.
Still want it?
-cpd

st3v1l

Explorer
ClamathUbertanq said:

Thanks

I've attached the simple encounter generator that I put together. You can go into the monstes tab and delete any books you don't have. Its not a perfect tool, but it works for my gaming group. Comments welcome... flames are not.

Stevil

Attachments

• stevils_encounter_gen_ R1.60.zip
    150.4 KB · Views: 128

ClamathUbertanq

First Post
Thanks guys. I' will look at this stuff, I hope one of them will help me out.

St3v1l, I can't seem to get you excel sheet to work, all the non green fields just say #Name?
I made sure to have security turned off for macros, any thoughts?

Last edited:

ClamathUbertanq

First Post
st3v1l said:
I've attached the simple encounter generator that I put together. You can go into the monstes tab and delete any books you don't have. Its not a perfect tool, but it works for my gaming group. Comments welcome... flames are not.

Stevil

If I can get this to work i think it will be exactly what I am looking for.
Question for you If I were to add monsters to it will it automatically pick them up or is there code somewhere else that will need to be changed as well?

You put in a ton of work, i commend you on that. And thanks for sharing.

st3v1l

Explorer
In order to make my spreadhseet work you will need to probably set your security to medium so that the macros will run. You will aslo need to enable the analysis toolpaks (Under Tools -> Add-Ins).

On your question of adding monsters. You can freely add or delete monsters from the monster tab. As soon as you change the terrain type the new monsters will automaticly be sorted into the right spot in the spreadsheet.

ClamathUbertanq

First Post
The addins part fixed it.

Dude this is so nice. it works perfectly for what i want to do.

If you make any future versions, 2 things to think about adding in
Monster hitdice (just a cell that has the hitdice level of the monster)
Monster hit points (randomly generated like your doing the other variables)

Once again I thank you for sharing all your work with me.

Great generator.

:D

Last edited:

devilish

Explorer
st3v1l said:
In order to make my spreadhseet work you will need to probably set your security to medium so that the macros will run. You will aslo need to enable the analysis toolpaks (Under Tools -> Add-Ins).

On your question of adding monsters. You can freely add or delete monsters from the monster tab. As soon as you change the terrain type the new monsters will automaticly be sorted into the right spot in the spreadsheet.

That did it for me too --- this thing is incredible!! Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads