• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for character build feedback/suggestions

Dodavehu

First Post
Hey friends,

I've had good experiences getting character build feedback for my D&D characters on this site so I thought I'd try it for a M&M 2e game I'm going to be playing in in a couple weeks.

The story is that the Avengers all died and SHIELD has scrambled to get replacements before any of the villains--or the public--figures it out.

My concept is that some SHIELD scientists had captured a Doombot which was hardwired for diplomatic missions and flushed its memory. Then they used left over Stark tech to refit it with an Iron Man suit. It also has an image inducer which creates a hologram of a civilian identity.

This is only the second M&M build I've attempted so any advice/criticism/attention to glaring errors would be appreciated :).

Oh, also, it's Level 10/160pp.

[show]Victor Ferris: Ironman

Abilities: STR: 20 (+5), DEX: 12 (+1), CON: --, INT: 28 (+9), WIS: 10 (+1), CHA: 16 (+3)
(26pp)

Skills: Bluff 4 (+7), Computers 8 (+17), Concentration 8 (+8), Craft [Chemical] 4 (+13), Craft [Electronic] 12 (+21), Craft [Mechanical] 12 (+21), Disable Device 8 (+17), Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 12 (+21), Knowledge [Technology] 12 (+21)
(20pp)

Feats: Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Master Plan, Skill Mastery (Craft [Chemical, Electronic, Mechanical], Disable Device)
(4pp)

Powers:
Device 14 [Nuclear-Powered Battlesuit] (Hard to Lose; Power Feat: Accurate, Restricted (designed for androids); 58pp)

Immunity 30 (Fort saves; 30pp)

Device:
Nuclear-Powered Battlesuit (70pp total)
Blast 8 (Power feat: Precise; 17pp)
AP: Force Field 8 (Area (burst +1); 1pp)
Communication 4 (Radio; 1 mile range; 4pp)
Dazzle 4 (Visual; Area (burst +1); 12pp)
AP: Morph 6 (Humanoids, +30 disguise; 1pp)
AP: Concealment 4 (All visual; -1 blending; 1 pp)
Flight 4 (100 MPH; 8pp)
Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious [+1]; 20pp)
Super-Senses 6 (Normal Sight 1 [Extended 1], Infravision, Microscopic Vision 1 [dust-sized], Radar, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision; 6pp)

Combat: Attack +4 / +14 (Blast) / + 10 (Dazzle); Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed); Initiative +1
(16pp)

Saves: Toughness +10 (Impervious; +18 Force Field), Fortitude --, Reflex +0 (+1), Will +6 (+7)
(6pp)

Abilities 26 + Skills 20 + Feats 4 + Powers 88 + Combat 16 + Saves 6 = Total 160[/show]

Last edited:

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Your Combat line has some serious issues.
Attack +4 (crappy, but fine); Your blast is for +8 damage (Save DC 23, no idea where the 14 is coming from) and the Dazzle is for +4 effect (Save DC 14). This puts you miles below your PL cap.
When you activate the force field, your defense will drop to +2, due to PL Caps. But taht +18 toughness should be pretty solid.

Powers:
Your battlesuit can't be Accurate. You don't make attack rolls for it, so it doesn't hit anything and can't benefit from the attack bonus. Which frees up one power point.

Overall, it's a pretty meh build. Heavy emphasis on the tech skills, with no ability to resist deception or notice things that aren't obvious (to your super-senses). Poor combat values, with only one thing that approaches your PL cap. On the other hand, this is the Marvel universe, where only a handful of things (Galactus, Odin, Ymir, Surtur, etc.) should be higher than PL 8, so you may be able to get away with it.

Best of luck.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads