• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for city maps

DrNilesCrane

First Post
I hate mapping. :)

I'm looking for a resource, either free or paid, that has a variety of city maps in electronic format (preferably so I can add my own city names, street names, etc.). I already use WotC's site as well as any web enhancements from Dungeon, but I'm looking for any additional resources & recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Actually I've downloaded and tweaked their maps on occasion as well, including the online library of maps. I have the full CC2 product and add-ons, although I fine it very time consuming to use for the creation of city maps from scratch even though it does make some very nice looking maps.

Are there any products out there that might fit the bill?

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Hand of Evil said:

Thanks again - those are an interesting selection (could be useful to use real world maps for inspiration)! :)

Anyone else have recommendations? I'm looking for something like what you might find with a gaming product (such as the map of Waterdeep, as an example) and a selection for a variety of cities - I would assume there would be a product out there that would fit the bill, but I haven't had much luck finding it yet, assuming it exists.

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Do you have the Forgotten Realms Atlas? Lots of cities in it.

Are they in electronic form anywhere? I use to have the print copy of the FR Atlas, but that was ages ago (probably sold by now anyway). I'd really like to have maps I could tweak in Photoshop as needed and then print for the players (possibly using layers so that each player would get a unique version - "Here's what you know of the city..."), or have to use on short notice (next campaign will feature quite a bit of travel).

Thanks again!

Remove ads