Looking for input for an as of yet untitled Daunton mystery

KenHood

First Post
On P's eye-rolls...

Oh, yes, I do believe the poor boy will need an optamologist.

On Dod*3's social skills...

Yep. He's no Nero Wolfe. Consider that he went on a long drunk after leaving O -- though almost no one recalls that, because he was a nobody at the time.

I'd reckon that Dod*3 is more of a "lucky loser" or a victim of the "Peter Principle". He probably stumbled onto the success that made his fame, then had the good sense to lock himself in a mansion to keep the mystique. Surrounding himself with competent people who can get the job done -- but in HIS name -- secures his reputation as a problem-solver.

I mean: What well-balanced wizard would keep on such a disrespectful and subversive apprentice?

Graf

Explorer
I'm filing Dod*3's brilliance or lack their of under the heading of Schrödinger. Since a man's mind is a black box the world may never know.

The summary and outline are out and in. If that's good I need to block out a final so it'll be at least another day. But progress is being made. Thank you for your patience.

Heh. If this hook is used as is, you can make certain Woe will bring the episode up and be quite vocal on his own opinion.
Since Hafrog is down it will be used.

Get ready with your bridal arrangements and music selections! :blush:

KenHood

First Post
Good ole' Schrödinger.

The man makes a mean kitty litter box.

The poo exists in superposition, so you can never be sure that you smell it until you actually try to smell it.

And with the box occupying all possible positions, you don't even have to house train your cat. Because no matter where he goes, there's the box.

Or not.

nerdytenor

First Post
Good ole' Schrödinger.

The man makes a mean kitty litter box.

The poo exists in superposition, so you can never be sure that you smell it until you actually try to smell it.

And with the box occupying all possible positions, you don't even have to house train your cat. Because no matter where he goes, there's the box.

Or not.

Ah, I see you are wise in the ways of quantum-kitty-poop theory. Perhaps you can explain to me why it smells bad one room away from the box, but not in the room with the box?!?!?

Graf

Explorer
I'd forgotten about that DM of the Rings cartoon. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything.

I wonder if I can sneak an Uncertainty Lich past the other judges...

Graf

Explorer
Good news and bad news.

The good news is that we've started.

The bad news is that I got a call and I'm going to be on a business trip (back Wednesday). I'll try to be online as often as I can to give you feedback and guide the initial part; but long posts may be tricky and I may not get 'net access the way I usually do.

Some general requests
[sblock=Graf's L4W Game Requests]

Rule 0: If you're unhappy or frustrated about something just let me know! I may not be able to give you what you want but it's important to talk about it.
  • I'd like you to post every day or so. If you can't that's OK, but if you'll be unable to post for more than a day or two (during the week) please EMAIL ME or POST IN THE THREAD. (I know that posting in some random thread I'll never see is the traditional method for EnWorld, but uh, I don't really like that. It's fine if you make an "absent" thread and link to it from the thread, but otherwise I'll never see it.)
    • One sentence like: Away til next Thurs. Pls NPC me. Is great/fine/wonderful.
  • To encourage that... if you post within 24 hours of my post you get +1 to whatever you're doing (this, obviously is particularly important in combat and in combat applies to your attack rolls only).
    • (And just add the +1 in. I'm not going to do it for you and I don't really police it -- it's a gentleman's/ladies honor thing.
    • Of course, if I can't figure out how you got +15 to something then I may ask, but that's usually because I don't know the rules.)
  • Please work to keep all OOC talk in the thread.
    • You can sblock
    • you can put OOC: this is OOC talk
    • You can just put things in brackets (see below)
Example: Amicus runs toward the goblin [move action: 3n 2ne]. Calling forth the power of the gods he plunges his radiant spear into it's chest [standard: bolstering attack 20vsAC|17damage and turns into a pickle].
  • Use invisible castle for rolls.
    • Link when you roll (if you can't because you're traveling or not on a computer that's OK -- if it's a regular problem we'll need to find a solution).
    • The campaign name is Closed Eye
    • (If you get a field or a bonus wrong don't worry. Just use the original roll ad include and explanation of what happened (i.e. "forgot flank bonus so it should be 17 instead of 15")
[/sblock]

Remove ads