• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Interest--Fullmetal Alchemist (using Mutants and Masterminds)

Dire Lemming

First Post
This is sort of a spoiler but nothing you can't see by watching the clips on the FMA website, number four to be exact. It will of course spoil the end of the series, but so will anything else that has to do with the movie.

[sblock]In one of the clips Al "transfers a part of his soul" into an animated suit of armor that is attacking him, making it help him. He says it "just comes naturaly to him." Now I figure that's a pretty bad ass power to have so... Can Al have it in the game? :D [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
This is sort of a spoiler but nothing you can't see by watching the clips on the FMA website, number four to be exact. It will of course spoil the end of the series, but so will anything else that has to do with the movie.

[sblock]In one of the clips Al "transfers a part of his soul" into an animated suit of armor that is attacking him, making it help him. He says it "just comes naturaly to him." Now I figure that's a pretty bad ass power to have so... Can Al have it in the game? :D [/sblock]
DL--what a coincidence, he actually already had that power when I built him :lol:

No, seriously. I'm going to post Al's character sheet for you when I get home (he's the only one whose whole sheet is available because he has no secrets--he legitimately is a heroic and naive guy who wants to do good, but when I showed it to my little brother, he was like "Whoah!! He actually did that in the movie". My reasoning was that his soul has developed an affinity during the time it spent in that state, so he has a link with them.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, Shiezka as a playable character.... Hm, that would be interesting. Not something I'd want to do but it would sure be funny to see someone else try.

[sblock]While I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea of playing a protagonist from a show or movie(or book, or any other form of media) in an RPG, it might just be because I've never tried it. It could be pretty cool to play Al, otherwise Fletcher or Wrath would be interesting too, though I guess wrath can't do alchemy anymore.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=DL]Sciezka and Wrath are not PCs--Wrath, who cannot use alchemy, correct (though Lust now can), is a definite 'No' (as is Roy Mustang and most of the other military folks) and Sciezka I couldn't come up with a way to make her useful compared to the others (I mean yeah, she can memorise books, but that's best served as a sagelike NPC who you visit when you need her, I think). Al is going to be a bit different from in the show, since of course his memory was rebooted and this time he was actually in a human body that grows up, so you wouldn't have to worry about getting it 'perfect'. Fletcher is cool too. I haven't written his sheet yet since my Face to Face group weren't particularly interested in him, but I definitely can do so [/SBLOCK]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock]What? I suppose they aren't interested in Clause either! :mad: :p

So what kind of stuff has been happening for the last eight years? What's Al been doing? Clara, Rose, Winry, The Tringhams? Is Black Hayate an officer yet? :)

Hm, you know what would suck(for the characters), Hughes as the new Pride. Well it would suck to have Hughes as a homunculus period, but I couldn't picture him as anything but Pride.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Spoilers]Funny you should mention Claus--she actually is a backup character like Fletcher. I just didn't mention her because my group told me she was probably too boring. As I told my group, I guarantee that Elysia and Rose will be interesting, despite the fact that they never really did much in the shows (and hey--Rose has Knowledge: Theology!). For what's been happening--each character has a different knowledge of what's going on, and one of the themes will be to keep everyone in the dark about what they don't know to build up suspense, hence my early comment about e-mails or PMs :]

As for Maes Hughes as Pride--not going to say anything on that one. However, at least one character knows for absolute certain whether or not this is true :lol: :] [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Here's a character sheet for Al's game-stats, as an example. A lot of this should look familiar (ability scores, skills, and saves except Toughness (Toughness saves are similar to Hit Points--I'll explain them later) Some of the feats are likely familiar too. The powers listed there are basically his alchemy, his attack with weapons he transmutes, and then the armour thing mentioned above. Al is quite possibly the simplest character to play--think of things that Ed did in the show (or Al, the few times he did transmutations), and Al can probably do something like that too. For more exotic effects that didn't come up often, he may have to use Extra Effort or a Hero Point (Extra Effort lets you use your power for something a bit different than usual, or to take an extra action, but the price is that you become fatigued. Hero points are earned for fun RPing and complications, and they let you do cool things as well). Basically, you would normally just say what you were doing, and if it was something nonstandard, I would tell you if it would take Extra Effort or a HP. I tried to get all the characters the abilities they used often without needing Extra Effort (for instance--Psiren has all the abilities necessary to reproduce in game terms the scene where Ed grabs her and they fall, and she then distracts him with his inappropriate hand placement and shoots out cards that pin him to the ground).

[SBLOCK=Al]Alphonse Elric (150)

Abilities (22)

Str 14
Dex 16
Con 18
Int 18
Wis 8
Cha 14

Combat (36)

Attack +10 (20 points)
Defense +12 (16 points)

Saves (19)
Fort +10 (6 pts)
Ref +9 (6 pts)
Will +8 (9 pts)
Toughness +8

Skills (8)

Acrobatics +13 (10 ranks)
Diplomacy +6 (4 ranks)
Knowledge (Alchemy) +15 (12 ranks)
Notice +5 (6 ranks)
Search +6 (2 ranks)
Stealth +5 (2 ranks)

Feats (15)
Accurate Attack
Alchemical Ritualist
All-Out Attack
Dodge Focusx4
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll x4
Evasion
Interpose
Uncanny Dodge

Powers (50)

Alchemy 8 (Transform 5per with Touch, Full-Round, and Limited (Equivalent Exchange) flaws and Continuous extra) (24 pts)
Alternate: Complex Transmutation Circle (takes longer, gain more ranks in Alchemy) (1 pt)
Alternate: 'Slap' Alchemy--Metal and Stone 8 (Transform 3per with Touch and Limited (Equivalent Exchange) flaws and Move Action (Circle completed by clapping hands together) and Continuous extras) (1 pt)
Alternate: 'Slap' Alchemical Attack I (Blast 10, Area, Standard Action (Circle completed by clapping hands together), Limited (Equivalent Exchange) Shapeable, Indirect) (1 pt)
Alternate: 'Slap' Alchemical Attack II (Blast 10, Autofire, Standard Action (Circle completed by clapping hands together), Limited (Equivalent Exchange), Indirect) (1 pt)
Alternate: 'Slap' Stone Blockade (Deflect 10, All Ranged Attacks, any target nearby, Limited (Equivalent Exchange), Standard Action (Circle completed by clapping hands together)) (1 pt)

Strike 8 (Transmuted Weapons--requires Move Action to Conjure) (6)

Soul Link--Metal Armour: Summon Minion 5 (Progression 3, Mental Link, Sacrifice) (15 pts) [/SBLOCK]

Dire Lemming

First Post
Wow those are some nice ability scores. Makes me wonder what Ed's would be. Alot lower charisma I guess, but maybe higher wisdom, and of course he'd be small sized. :D

[sblock]So How does he do alchemy, it says something about clapping his hands together, did you make him similar to Al in the movie with the trasmutation circle gloves? Also, I don't get anything about the powers section. :confused: [/sblock]

Remove ads