• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Necromancer Spells

Korgan26

First Post
I have a player looking to play a necromancer but there is a severe lack of spells about. We've even looked at making our own. I was curious if anyone could point us in the right direction, be it books or websites

Thanks
Z

Darklone

3.5 has some nice necro spells...

Rituals&Relics had some nice ideas, but you need to be careful.

The best necromancer in D&D is an evil priest.

MarauderX

Explorer
Not sure about websites for the spells, but the house rules usually has a bunch of spells floating about. There are a few people on ENWorld that have tons of spells that I bet they are willing to share. It may be best if you can get someone to search the house rules forum for you, or sift through it up to a few months back.

Gothmog

First Post
For necromancy spells, the best books I have seen are Secret College of Necromancy by Green Ronin, and Arcane Mysteries: Necromancer's Legacy by Mystic Eye Games. Tons of new spells, items, critters, and ideas.

Tewligan

First Post
Gothmog said:
For necromancy spells, the best books I have seen are Secret College of Necromancy by Green Ronin, and Arcane Mysteries: Necromancer's Legacy by Mystic Eye Games. Tons of new spells, items, critters, and ideas.
These are the same two books that I was going to suggest. They're a goldmine for necromancer players and DMs alike. I believe that Necromancer's Legacy is also available as a PDF, if you wanna go that route.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
If you want to go with WotC books I would suggest you look in the Book of Vile Darkness and Magic of Fearun.

diaglo

Adventurer
there are on avg. 4 necro spells per level. what's so lacking?

you can always take spells from other schools to fill up your book. ;)

Wraith Form

Explorer
Korgan26 said:
I have a player looking to play a necromancer but there is a severe lack of spells about. We've even looked at making our own. I was curious if anyone could point us in the right direction, be it books or websites

Thanks
Z
I haven't used it in actual gameplay, but Mongoose has an Encyclopedia Arcane necro book that I enjoyed reading through.

Their book seemed to...ehhh..."flesh out" (sorry) the class a bit better, adding lots of lower-level spells, etc. I was surprised, because Mongoose products don't usually float my boat. Then again, I haven't playtested the book so maybe it's way too over-the-top.

Winternight

First Post
We use the Mongoose book in our campaing and it is balanced. BovD is nice and fluffy but most spells can`t be use by players and/or don`t get aproval by DM.
Try The Joy of Necromancy from the playersection of our campaign site it is full of nice fluffy spells and feats.
If you use it plz send my DM an email and tell him how you like it.

Remove ads