• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for on-the-ground recon north of Montreal

ragboy

Explorer
So, I'm working on a Spycraft/Modern adventure set in that area, and though I've looked at plenty of maps, I just wanted to know what the land actually looks like about 200 miles northwest of Montreal...on the way to Val d' Or. Inhabited? Mountainous/hilly? Forested?

kinwolf

Explorer
Forestous, small villages here and there, but mostly forest, forest, forest. Mountainous? Not really, not flat either. Hilly I guess, with lots of forest on the hills :)

Krael

First Post
*grin* Watch a few off-world episodes of Stargate:SG1, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it's like.

It's a running joke around here, that most alien planets look a lot like a Canadian forest.

ragboy

Explorer
kinwolf said:
Forestous, small villages here and there, but mostly forest, forest, forest. Mountainous? Not really, not flat either. Hilly I guess, with lots of forest on the hills :)
Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for...

Thanks!

ledded

Herder of monkies
ragboy said:
Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for...

Thanks!
Yup, from the few times I've been there, that sounds like it.

Except you forgot all the snow. Snow, and the southerner-killing cold and ice.

In July :D

(ok just kidding, it's not that cold there. Most of the time.)

ragboy

Explorer
ledded said:
Yup, from the few times I've been there, that sounds like it.

Except you forgot all the snow. Snow, and the southerner-killing cold and ice.

In July :D

(ok just kidding, it's not that cold there. Most of the time.)
My poor city-fied, Texas-born-and-bred characters are going to be in a world of hurt.

Last edited:

Mod_Bod

First Post
ragboy said:
My poor city-fied, Texas-born-and-bred characters are going to be in a world of hurt.

It's not that cold up here yet (maybe in January and February), but the summers (June, July and August) are really quite hot sometimes. The temperature on Thursday for instance, is going up to 19°C. I guess it would be a good suggestion to check out the weather in an area that you are planning to detail. I hope this helps. I use Environment Canada all the time... :)
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?YVO

ragboy

Explorer
Mod_Bod said:
It's not that cold up here yet (maybe in January and February), but the summers (June, July and August) are really quite hot sometimes. The temperature on Thursday for instance, is going up to 19°C. I guess it would be a good suggestion to check out the weather in an area that you are planning to detail. I hope this helps. I use Environment Canada all the time... :)
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?YVO
Yep. Thanks for the tip. The adventure is during winter.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Yep. Thanks for the tip. The adventure is during winter.

If you really want to shock your players, you should surprise them with a 100º F summer adventure. Such temperatures do occur here :cool:

Just once I'd like to see a story set in canada that occurs during the 75% of the year when there isn't any snow anywhere. Sorry, it's just a beef of mine. I'm tired of seeing canada depicted as an icy wasteland in popular culture, such as in x-men 2. :mad:

Good movie otherwise though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads