• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for some help

JonnyFive

First Post
ok i'm looking for some ideas for a creature that i have seen portrayed in a game, not sure how it will translate over though. the creature is basicly a jelly, but it has some unusual properties,
1) it is almost impossible to kill,
2) it can be destroyed through shuting or locking the portal it came through
3) it can be stoped by a dispell magic/break enchantment/antimagic field
4) the most important part, on contact with this creature, it causes a single spell of any level to affect the person who touches it, anything from a bless to a wish. it automaticaly bypasses spell resistance and any magical protections, and any spell that hits you has no save vs the spell (ie if fireball was rolled, it would do the normal damage for the level w/ no save for the person touched, but everybody in the radius would get a save)
5) it NEVER attacks, it just wanders from point to point touching people. like a swarm.

Last edited:

robjh

First Post
JonnyFive said:
ok i'm looking for some ideas for a creature that i have seen portrayed in a game, not sure how it will translate over though. the creature is basicly a jelly, but it has some unusual properties,

This raised a few questions in my mind:

1) Impossible how? Regeneration? Damage resistance? A huge number of hit points? Spell resistance? Incorporeal?

2) Just define this as one of its special qualities--a vulnerability.

3) Stopped? Do you mean held? Is this because it has a purely magical nature?

4) Like a list of random spells such as you'd get with a wand of wonder? How would a wish spell be interpreted? Rather than bypassing all saves and spell resistance, I'd give them some modifier that works well on lower level creatures, but is not as good against high level demons, for example. Like super Spell Focus/Spell Penetration feats.

5) This can just be stated in the creature's combat section.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
1) its pretty much pure chaotic spell energy, given form... so hitting it is like trying to hit electricity with a sword.

2) yea, not sure though if i'll add a damage to it or not

3)only way to hurt it, its pure magic. other magics will ony make it stronger

4) i was thinking of multiple versions of the creature, 6 of em - 3 arcane, 3 diveine. and in each set there is a lesser, a normal and a greater version, i'd just roll 2 % sets to figgure spell level and the spell baised on the DMG magic scroll charts.

5) i know, just wanted it out there for a guidline

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads