Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Heckler

First Post
"We don't know much more than you, actually. We came out here to hunt for landsharks when we found a couple of ogres in the same shape as these kobolds. We had to retreat from them, and while we were recovering this knight showed up. Said he was working for whoever is responsible for these things and he was looking to round up the ogres that had gotten away. We weren't able to engage him at that time, but when we were healthy enough to continue, we tracked them here. And now, here you are."

"Oh, and Rowan knows him from somewhere before."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Land...shark? What is this?" Lasair wonders, curious about the strange beasts that seem to lurk in these lands, "So there is a death wizard...what did Elise say those were called?--oh right necromancers--so there is a Necromancer with a Knight and undead? If you would have my aid, I shall grant it."

Heckler

First Post
"If you want to join us, that's fine with me, I guess. Though, what do you do? You don't look to be much good with that club. Are you some kind of magician?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Magician? No. Your magic fascinates me. No, I am afraid I am little use against the undead. I can analyse and manipulate the ziivash. If done appropriately, it can be of great use in many situations. Is this land shark an undead?"

Heckler

First Post
"Ziivash?"

"A landshark is a large shark like creature that swims through the dirt. Always hungry and very dangerous. Not undead...but I suppose if you knew what you were doing you could make one that way." *shudder* "I hope I'm wrong though. I really don't know much about that kind of thing."

[sblock=ooc]I really hope I'm not giving Patlin ideas of an undead bulette. :eek: [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, you mean like a bulette. Okay, I am sorry, I understand now. Fortunately, those are usually easy to defeat. They lack strong willpower. You called it a landshark. Is that one word, or is it a compound name because there some kind of flying bulette called a shark, so you call bulette land shark because it lives on the land?"

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
" You called it a landshark. Is that one word, or is it a compound name because there some kind of flying bulette called a shark, so you call bulette land shark because it lives on the land?"

Rinya glances to the more literate party members as she stumbles to answer. "It looks and acts like a shark, and it swims in the land, so its a landshark."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ohhhh, right. I should have guessed it would be water. So you have a swimming bulette that is called a shark? Is the shark like those...what did she call them...fish?"

"Never mind, this is likely not important and I do not wish to waste your time. I will accompany you to your bulette. I usually like to talk rather than fight, but against an animal or beast, it is one of the few times I can defeat an opponent easily. If I am rested and it is not an unusual specimen, you should be able to just make sure it cannot get to me and fight defensively, and it will fall in some interval between 12 and 24 seconds."

Heckler

First Post
"Well, we're abandoning the landshark to find out who's making undead. You can come with us if you like, and if a landshark shows up you can ahead and do whatever it is you say you can do to it."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan gives Rinya and Lasair a glance, but doesn't pay much attention. He calms his beating heart and makes sure all the zombie kobolts are really down.

"Are you all right? Those were tough little buggers," he says to Richard. "I hit that first one hard enough to drop a horse and it still kept coming. I guess that explains why we had so much trouble with the ogres".

He raises his voice to the others. "Looks like no one's badly hurt. I say we keep moving. We were tracking the zombie ogres. They can't be too hard to find. And I suspect Sir Reviner will be with them. Lucien, can you find the tracks again?"

Remove ads