Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Dungannon

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Looks like no one's badly hurt. I say we keep moving. We were tracking the zombie ogres. They can't be too hard to find. And I suspect Sir Reviner will be with them. Lucien, can you find the tracks again?"
Lucien cleans his weapons and puts them away. "I can certainly try."

ooc: Do I need to make a Search check to find the ogre tracks again, or just go with a Track check?

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan moves over to Lasair as Lucien searches for tracks. "Hello" he says, sizing her up. He thrust out his thick, calloused hand. "I'm Rowan McTavish. We have a zombie problem here. What brings you into the neighborhood?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hellow Rowan McTavish. I am Lasair Alant. I felt strange emanations in the ziivash on the way to Orussus...I decided to come see if there was something evil here, and I found you fighting these zombies. If there is a bulette or that knight again, perhaps I could be of help. I fear he fled because he knew I planned to stall his charge, perhaps knocking him off his horse. If you fight only the undead, I am afraid that I will not be of much help at all, but I will still try to end their threat. Will you accept my aid, Rowan McTavish?"

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan nods sagaciously, and rubs his left hand over the thick black stubble that has come to coat his face in the several days since his bath and shave in Orussus. "'Emanations in the ziivash...' I see. Well. You're very welcome to come along with us on this crazy adventure. Everyone else is..."

Rowan draws closer as he guides Lasair forward to meet everyone else. He says softly "If you ever want to see emanations from my ziivash, you just ask, eh?" he winks, then makes sure she's introduced to everone else.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair cocks her head as if he had just said something strange.*

"Oh, is the ziivash viewed as private in your culture? I am sorry, Rowan McTavish, but it emanates outward like an aura, and so I have already examined your ziivash."

Manzanita

First Post
"No." says Rowan, smiling. "Not so private." He slips his arm around her shoulder. "Where are you from, Lasair? And don't worry. If we're assaulted by undead, just stay behind me."

"This knight's name is Sir Revnir. I met him a few months ago when he kidnapped my brother with a couple of his evil friends. This time he seems to be working for some necromancer. If you can read his mind, find out where this necromancer lives. You'll need to do it during the battle, because I'm going to rip his guts out for what he did to my brother." Rowan's fists flex and fidgit on his guisarme as he speaks of the knight.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If you want to learn anything from him, you shall have to let him live long enough to determine this," Lasair corrects, "I can probably make him stop fighting and tell us, but not if you keep hacking at him."

Manzanita

First Post
"No." Rowan shakes his head sternly. "This has happened to me before. My old buddy the Boogster used his, what do you call it, ziivash? The one up here." he taps his forehead.

"He made this knight get off his horse and take off his armor. And then he surrendered. And that's why I didn't get to kill him last time. No. This time I'm killing him before any of you ziivashi-types gets into his head. I just want you to read his mind before I dismember him. I'll cut his little ziivashi right off, that bastard..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't read minds. I make people tell us the answers themselves. It is easier that way. Those who are foolish enough to trust Mind Reading are left with only the surface thoughts and nothing useful, unless they are impressively powerful and have powers far beyond my abilities. In either case, you are welcome to kill him, but what I had in mind was Suggesting that he write down all the facts we need and in exchange you will fight him in a 1-on-1 duel, instead of having to fight all of us at once. That way, you can be sure to appease your Clan's vhal and he can retain his own vhal. There is no vhal in defeating an enemy with no arms or defenses, as it seems you agree with me. I do not know this Boogster, but the description of his methods remind me of another I know..."

Remove ads