Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Richard visibly stiffins at this insult... his face turns dark and he only barely hears the remainder of the womans speech.

*Lasair seems honestly confused by Richard's dark turn, though she is keenly aware of it when it occurs.*

"You spoke of this honour as a dirty thing that nobles only give when they are too afraid to mistreat others. I would prefer the vhal that every person has, young or old, warrior or Seer, Chief or common man, to this honour, and I do not understand why you are upset by this. Did you not just say that the common folk had more kindness than the worth of this honour?"

(OOC: Note--based on the way Richard introduced it as a sham, Lasair thinks of honour as a bad thing. Thus, it was not meant as insult but agreement with Richard when she said that ;) She does have +18 Diplomacy, so she's generally not going around insulting people)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan pats Richard on the back.

"We should discuss our plan. You have documents, then, Lasair? Saying what?" Rowan moves over and looks at them.

"We just want to find out if this is the keep of the necromancer, or if Sir Revenir is there. We have no call to attack the keep yet. The only way to find out who's in there is to knock on the door. It would be better to find out who's in there without actually going inside. Having a keep out here w/no farmers around seems suspect."

"I say we go up and talk to the guards. Ask them who's keep this is. Perhaps ask them if they know a Sir Revenir. Perhaps we could say we're friends of his and want to talk to him."

"But if someone is up for climbing that wall tonight & scoping the place out, we could do that instead."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I would prefer to talk with them as you first suggested. If someone has a strong desire to violate this Clanhold uninvited, this has the advantage of preventing an attack against the inquirer, so it would also be acceptable."

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien speaks up. "If they are harboring or creating undead in there, then I cannot guarantee I can remain civil. It may be best if I wait here while you go up to parley."

Heckler

First Post
"Don't forget this is where we believe Revenir retreated to. If so, he has certainly informed the guard of our presence, told them we are hostile and told them what we look like. Walking up to the front door would only serve to get us killed.

If we are wrong and this is not the necromancer's hideout, then we have a potential ally here. Posing as Revenir's friends would not be a good idea.

Human guards does suggest this is not the necromancer's, but it proves nothing...

I'm starting to think maybe we should wait til morning and let them come to us...

...or, Lasair, how close do you have to be to someone to use your magic?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"As I said, I am afraid I do not know any magic. Magic is so exciting though! I knew a Wizard once who could do such amazing things! Instead, I just talk to people diplomatically. I am fairly confident that if they don't respond to my hailing them by shooting at us immediately, I can convince them to let us in. You are right that we can't be sure that they won't start attacking if the vhal-less knight has lied to them or if they are his lackeys."

Heckler

First Post
"I was just wondering if we could sneak you close enough to one of the guards for you to do your thing, but it doesn't sound like that'll work.

But if we need a cover story as to why we're out here, we can just say we're hunting landsharks. That is why we came out here, actually."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That might work. But did Richard not say that the nobles here have this honour so they do not care about the common people. If this is true, something involving Lord Pician of Earling might convince them to comply. I do not know these lands, so I shall let you decide."

Heckler

First Post
"I don't know nobles any better than you, I'm afraid. If it were my decision alone to make, I'd say we find out what lies at the other end of this road. It seems to me we're awfully far out for cobblestone. Of course, given the time, it could easily be morning before we reach the end, in which case we'd be better off grabbing someone when they leave the keep in the morning."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If only I was a Seer and could read from the ziivash of those who have walked this path in the past...but I am afraid I cannot be helpful in this matter unless we engage someone in conversation."

Remove ads