Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hurray! Ego Whip is really great against low-Cha foes. The only trouble is that the Charisma damage is totally exclusive from HP damage, so unlike most other attacks, the Psion isn't stacking with the rest of the party, hence her suggestion to fight defensively, which was met by like all the party going into rage :lol: Ah well, good work guys!)

"It is in a deep coma now--it has lost its sense of self as separate from the world around it. It cannot act if you wish to slay it now. It may be a rampaging beast that feeds its hunger with sentient lives, but it does not do so out of evil, but simply out of ignorance. As such, I hope we will give it respect as we lay it to rest."

Patlin

Explorer
The majority of the martial group quickly hurries over to the Bullette, and makes sure with efficient cuts that it will never again threaten the good people of this region. Rinya manages to bring Lucien back to conciousness, though any strong exertion at this point would endanger his life and send him back into dreamland.

ooc: Hopefully no one minds the above for purposes of keeping this scene moving.

The shadow sweeps back over again, and a deep gravelly voice calls out "Grandson?" immediately before a huge dragon with shiny metallic scales dives through the trees and lands before the party.

"Mmmmm. Apparently not. Though your scent is simillar." The Dragon seems to be addressing Rowan in particular with that last comment.

A winged man lands beside the dragon, which continues to talk in a musing voice.

"That's quite a beast you've slain."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'A...a dragon!? I have only heard of such creatures in our oldest legends!'

"It was a threat to this region, so my companions and I engaged it and I neutralised it by assaulting it through the ziivash," Lasair offers in reply, though she appears a bit shaken and in awe as she does so, "Are you...you're...a dragon? I have never seen such a magnificent creature before!" Lasair makes a slight bow of her head towards the dragon, "What brings you to this place, great one? Did you pursue the same quarry? If you seek to eat it, I believe I speak for all here when I say it is yours, for we respect the creature most by using it as best we can after death."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan is quick to deliver a coup-de-grace to the creature. He then lets his rage fade, and finds himself somewhat fatigued when the dragon lands. This is probably a good thing, since his natural inclination would be to attack it.

"Who, me?" he asks the dragon.

He remains on guard, not sure what to say to such creatures.

Patlin

Explorer
On closer inspection, the metallic scales are coppery in color.

"No, I am not hunting. I am gathering my familly. There are signs... dangerous signs throughout the world. A great darkness is gathering. Dragons stir in their caves, potent forces exert their influence throughout the land, and forces of death gather their soldiers. It is a time for all to stand by those dear to them, for trouble stirs in all directions. I am called Terrimandinosus, and the man beside me is my adopted son Ariathus. If you see my grandson, who is called Tor, pass on my warning and tell him we desire his return to our home."

He looks over Rowan more carefully.

"You seem much like him. Does the blood of Dragons run in your veins, little one? Or perhaps some other force has touched you? Whichever it may be, all should be warry in the times ahead."

Remove ads