• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking to join or start a game of/with...

Arkhandus

First Post
......either Shadowrun 3e,
Chronicles of Ramlar,
Star Wars Saga,
Arcana Unearthed/Evolved,
Player's Handbook II or Book of Nine Swords,
ENP's Wild Spellcraft or Secrets of Theurgy,
GR's Advanced Player's Manual,
Oriental Adventures or Rokugan d20,
EverQuest d20,
Mutants & Masterminds 2e,
DSP's Third Dawn,
DSP's Untapped Potential,
material from DSP's Untapped Classes line,
or material from DSP's Mind Unveiled line.

Really, just anything I bought myself for GM's Day or that I've had lying around my shelf for the past 1-3 months or 1-5 years unused. Except that I haven't read enough yet from the Imperial Age, Steem & Steel, The Fantastic Science, or Elements of Magic (R/LA/ME), so I'm not ready to do anything with those.

Of what I've listed, I've only actually had the chance to play SR3 a few hours in total, DMed a single OA/Rokugan mini-campaign, played a Dragon Shaman in one adventure, DMed for a Dragon Shaman in one campaign, played a Crusader for 2-3 sessions and a Rogue/Swordsage in one PbP, and DMed for martial adepts in one adventure. Almost all my active RPGing experience is with 2e AD&D and core 3e/3.5e D&D (it's sad that so few I've played under actually allow anything beyond the core); and nearly all my non-core 3.x experience is from DMing such stuff myself because nobody else would.

So, c'mon, guys and gals. Is there ANYONE running games here with any of those books/settings/RPGs (and a slot open), or anyone else besides me who's interested in those right now?

I'm not entirely averse to just DMing/GMing it myself, as usually ends up being my only recourse, but I'd really like to play with something besides core 3.5 for a change.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
I think the forum is more focused on 4th Edition at the moment. Ever tried it? If you feel like it, try visiting the link in my sig.

hafrogman

Adventurer
The forum is open to games for any system, I think it's just that this thread lacks any kind of focus.

Seeking a DM as a player is always difficult. If you want to run a game for most of those systems, you'll probably find players. But if you want to play, it's all up to the whim of the DM.

And that's a big list of possible systems. :) I get where you're coming from, but again, you're more likely to attract attention if you just pick one and run with it. That way, people have a better idea of what they're getting into.

From what I've seen around, you're most likely to have success with any of the D&D stuff, and the M&M. There are also games of each being run around, so you may just have to watch for openings. This isn't to say the others won't work, but it's less certain.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I feel your frustration. I've a bunch of cool stuff that I've never had the chance to use, too. So, I'm interested but I don't think I have the time to do more than play right now. Of the items on your list, I'm most interested in Arcana Evolved or Elements of Magic, revised (+LA and even though EoM is on your 'not ready yet' list). I'm open to others.

Hopefully someone else will also express interest and/or DM.

Arkhandus

First Post
No, I'm not the least bit interested in 4e, but thanks anyway. :p And there's plenty of systems represented and discussed on EN World.

I tried soliciting players for Ramlar, but got very little response, and no commitment. I do plan on running M&M here at some point, but don't have a story arc ready for it yet. If I try soliciting players or GMs for a single system at a time, I'll just spend weeks or a month with no responses again between each attempt. :(

I'm just trying to find folks to play non-D&D or non-standard-D&D with, whether it's me GMing or someone else. It's just so hard to find a non-D&D group (or a non-core-D&D group online, for some reason). All I've seen around here that isn't classic, core, or 4e D&D (beyond the many aborted games other GMs have tried to start) has been one or two WoD games (not my cuppa joe), two or three M&M games (which are always full), and two or three D20 Modern games (only one currently active and full AFAIK); plus two SWSE games (full) and one CoC game I forgot.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
No, I'm not the least bit interested in 4e...

Apparantly, that's not specific to D&D even.

Shadowrun 3e

;)

It's just so hard to find a non-D&D group (or a non-core-D&D group online, for some reason).

I believe that most online D&D 3E/3.5 games are non-core, actually, or allow non-core material (i.e. not in the way, that core-classes are banned; which would be a bit more extreme view of non-core).

Non-D&D is rare on these boards, however. This is still a D&D-focused site, only a fraction of the discussion goes beyond D&D, so that seems quite natural.

Maybe expanding your sites would help there... there are plenty generic online gaming sites, like RPoL, available.

Bye
Thanee

Arkhandus

First Post
I don't have any SR4 material. *shrug*

And of course by non-core I mean just anything that isn't restricted to core 3.5. I've seen hardly any games here in the past few years that weren't restricted to core rules + maybe a Complete X book or two in some cases. Even though there are plenty of D&D books and D&D-with-different-window-dressing games around, like OA/Rokugan, Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, or EQ d20.

I'm not familiar with any other PbP sites other than Play-By-Web, which has a terrible set-up and code-base.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Monkey is planning on using more D&D stuff (including PHB2, Tome of Nine Swords and Oriental Adventures) eventually. Monkey has a limited budget however. ;)

I also plan on running Star Wars Saga Edition soon-ish. I have that book, I just need to get around to reading it. :blush:

I'd like to be able to get into the other stuff on your list, but Monkey's game budget is such that I limit purchases to what I know I'll be able to get players for, so, D&D for the most part.

Voadam

Legend
Arcana Unearthed/Evolved,
Player's Handbook II
EverQuest d20,
DSP's Untapped Potential,
material from DSP's Untapped Classes line,

If its these I'd have an interest but it would depend on RW stuff at the moment.

I allow them (and more) in mine but both of those are full right now.

Remove ads