Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks: All in a Nights Work (DM: DMDanW, Judge: Renau1g)

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Alrighty, now we are just waiting for Gloom and Zharne to check in. I'd like to give them a chance to post before I continue on, but if I don't see anything by tomorrow morning then I'll just keep things moving along.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gloom enter the place, not impress by all the things there is in it, he seems disinterested. As he sees the gnome, he salute politely. "My name is Gloom, I am a warrior."

[SBLOCK=OOC]My post will be spotty for until the 4th of January. SOrry for my slowlyness during that period.[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC Velmont]
No problem, and thanks for letting me know. I too have a busy schedule until then as well. Also, Jehad has already chosen yellow for his text color. Could you please pick a different one. it makes it easier for me to tell who's who. Thanks
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne arrives at the emporium and enters it while chewing on a fried bird leg, also you can see he has 2 large black feathers, like from a raven, hanging in is his hair now.

DMDanW

First Post
many hours ago....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The chime on the front door rings and in walks a scruffy looking shifter.

"I am Thorn. At your service."

"Well well then" replies the gnome. "I'll just have to stop you right there buddy. I'm not sure if you saw the sign on the door, but it stated 'NO SOLICITORS', so what ever service you might be selling I suggest that you take it elsewhere. I',m trying to run a business here."

After his rant the gnome runs his hands through his bushy hair and stares at Thorn, as the shifter stands there unmoving. The right eyebrow raises once more and he cocks his head to the side for a moment looking Thorn over. A look of realization crosses his face at that moment.

"Ah, you must be one of those mercenary adventuring types that Jyles had gone out to get. You're really early, as it barely past noon and I was told not to expect you till the 6th bell." He scratches his chin for a moment.

"Oh well, I guess you're here and I don't want you messing up the store and knocking things off the shelves with that big stick yer carrying so I'll see if I can get you set up in the lounge upstairs. Renthwiate won't be in for a while, so either you leave and scare the neighbors or you can wait."

The gnome extends his arm in a greeting, "Zarfoodles the name by the way. I run the day to day operations around here." He then turns and makes his way to a door behind the counter and opens it. "Leonidas will take you up and show you the lounge where you can wait", and with that out of a shadowy corner of the room steps a hulking warforged, his armor pitch black, with only the pinpoints of his glowing red eyes having any color on his body.

"Follow me" it states, and makes his way up the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moments ago......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The chime on the front door rings and in walks a tribal looking Halfling.

"So many things...I never imagined so many things."

"Oh yes yes" replies the gnome. "We have the widest variety in all of Daunton, no, in all the shifting isles I'd say. Whatever it is you are looking for we at the Extraordinary Emporium of Exotic Exports will have it, and if be the off chance we don't for a small extra fee we can have it sourced and brought in for you. Customer satisfaction Guaranteed!"

Just then as he was about to continue the chime on the door rings again as another customer enters, a gnome.

"Quite a collection you have here" He says to the fellow Gnome. "I am Jehad, a sorcerer having come to help you recover your package."

"Yes, yes indeed, the finest collecc...,er what did you say about my package? I don't know what ..." and then the door chime rings again, this time a heavily armored shifter walks in followed by a tall human wearing priestly robes and a wild looking elf chewing on a piece of cooked fowl.

"My name is Gloom, I am a warrior."

The gnome looks at all of you and then a smile crosses his face. "Ahh" he exclaims. "You fine gentlemen must be the rest of the new hires that Renthwaite mentioned would be coming. I completely lost track of time. Busy day it was today. In fact sold a large collection of carvings from the valley of bone not long ago." He looks over at Gellan "In fact I could catch a fine price for some of your attire if you wanted".

The gnome extends his arm in a greeting, "Zarfoodles the name by the way. I run the day to day operations around here." He then turns and makes his way to a door behind the counter and opens it. "Jezabelle will take you up and show you the lounge where the other guy has been waiting all afternoon". He sticks his head through the doorway and yells out "JEZABELLE!"

A moment later a voluptuous young elf girl walks through the door. She wears a maids uniform, but this one obviously not crafted with utility in mind, as this one consumed very little fabric in its design.

"Follow me please" she states, her voice sounding like sweet music, and as she turns and begins walking up the stairs her movements are beautiful and graceful. As you make your way up the stairs, any guesses on exactly how little fabric her uniform contains are made obviously clear.

She leads you up the stairs and down a short hall, opening a doorway at the end. Inside is a large room, adorned with large stuffed chairs and lounges. The exotic scents and sensations that filled the room below are not present here. Instead the room smells like fresh flowers, with a hint of a sweet smokey smell mixed in. By the looks of it this room was definitely built to entertain. On one of the large stuffed chairs sits Thorn, who is staring into the corner. Following his gaze you notice a large pitch black warforged standing as still as a statue.

"Please have a seat" sates Jezabelle. "Lord Ogglebottom should be along shortly. If I may, would any of you like some refreshments? We just this morning received a new shipment of rice wine from the Kingdom of Jade, which if I may say is of the finest vintage."

[sblock=OOC]
OK everyone, here is a brief update. I'll try and get more up soon, but it's been a crazy week for me (at home babysitting my boys as daycare is closed all week). Once next week rolls around I hope to be a lot more on top of things. Anyway, here is once more a chance for your characters to actually talk to one another and do some role-playing. Not that I am trying to push that on anyone....it just is working out that way right now.
[/sblock]

Banesfinger

Explorer
As soon as the party steps into the room, Thorn's attention is diverted from the black iron warforged in the corner.

Like a child showing off a new toy, Thorn excitedly yelps. "Watch this..." He turns to face the warforge, "Leonidas, can you bring some more of that wonderful red cheese for me and my friends?"

The hulking warforge obediantly snaps to attention and makes his way to the kitchen, without reserve or complaint.

"This Lord Ogglebottom seems to be taking his time, so I would take him up on his hospitality." It is obvious by the large pile of crumbs on the couch that Thorn has indeed done that.

Upon Leonidas' return, Thorn snaps up a piece of the brilliantly red coloured cheese from his silver serving tray. "Tell me Gloom," Thorn addresses the other shifter, his mouth almost completely full of cheese. "What tribe do you hale from?"

"And you Zharne..." Thorn looks over to the elven druid. "What forest do you call home?"

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan starts as the warforged construct lurches into action at Thorn's command, but recovers enough to partake of the cheese when it is delivered, offering Leonidas a solemn half-bow in thanks.

Ghdeh1

First Post
Jehad nods his head in thanks for the cheese and sits in one of the smaller, shorter chairs. Looking through his bag he spies a peice of bread and makes an impromptu sandwich. Munching contently he looks at his teammates. Quite a few of them look more accoustomed to the woods then any town.

Velmont

First Post
"We called ourselves the Wild Pack. We were living in Kythira and trading with the elves. But a few months ago, my tribe was decimated. For an unknown reason, Lauto left me alive during the fight." the shifter make pause before continuing. "Lauto is now following me, waiting for the moment I will be ready to come back to him. But until then, I'll make sure my tribe didn't die in vain."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll take Red as my color, but expect many post in yellow during the adventure. I've been using yellow since I'm playing on this board, which mean many years, with rare exception. SO sorry for any confusion that will be happening.[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
As you talk amongst yourselves you begin to hear a conversation in the next room, which has apparently been taking place but has now risen in volume to the point where you can now hear it, but cannot make out what is being said.

[sblock=Passive perception 18 or higher]
You can make out two distinctive voices talking. The one voice you recognize as Jyles, the Half-Elf who you met and the Hanged Man. Jyles seems to be pleading his case to the other man, but the other man just keeps repeating “No, this is MY son we are talking about and I have made up my mind”. Finally you hear the other man say “I am finished Jyles, now let us go see our guests”
[/sblock]

A moment later a door at the side of the room opens and in walks Jyles, followed by another man. This man is large, both in height and width and seems to be somewhat past middle age, his bushy hair and full beard showing much more gray than black. His clothing, although not flashy is of very fine quality and you can see a couple of rings on his fingers. It is apparent that he is wealthy but also that he does not flaunt it.

He looks for a moment at each one of you and smiles.

“Greetings and welcome here. I hope the accommodations were to your liking and that your needs were taken care of. I am Renthwaite Ogglebottom, and I am in need of your services.” He makes his way over to a vacant chair and with a slight sigh sits himself down.

“As Jyles has mentioned to you, two days ago a courier carrying a particularly important parcel was waylaid by a group of bandits. The parcel was stolen and the courier killed. Now here is the rest of the details. Late yesterday I received a note demanding a large ransom for the parcel."

He rubs his hands over his face before continuing on.

"Now if that were not bad enough, the note also stated that my son Leonard be the one to deliver the ransom. He is to take it to a drinking establishment called the Toothless Gator, a rundown cesspool that caters to pirates and brigands down in the outer harbor. The instructions are for Leonard to come to the tavern at sunset and to have a seat at the bar.”

Ogglebottom lets out another sigh and continues speaking.

“Now as you may have guessed, I have no intentions of sending my son with the ransom. That is where you fine folk come in to the picture. I would like you to go to the Toothless Gator and find out who it is that is demanding this ransom and then get my parcel back. The parcel you will be looking for is a wooden box about 2 feet in length and about 6 inches in width and depth. It is made of an exotic dark hardwood, polished to a glossy finish. It is magically sealed so please for your own sake do not try and open it. I do not care how you do it, and in fact it is probably better that I do not know. Just get back my parcel. I will pay you each an additional 100 gold coins for its safe return here to the Emporium.” He looks at each of you with a hopeful smile on his face.

“So can I count on you? If this is a task that does not interest you, you can simply keep the 25 gold coins that Jyles gave you and leave now. I’ll just take that out of his pay” and with that he looks over to Jyles and gives a slight grin.

Throughout the whole conversation Jyles has been standing on the opposite side of the room from Ogglebottom, and manages a slight grin at Ogglebottoms mention of the deposit coming out of his pay.

[sblock=Passive Insight 20 or higher]
You can tell that Ogglebottom is worried about something, possibly wither the item in question or his son

Jyles seems nervous, but about what you cannot tell

[/sblock]

Remove ads