Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks: All in a Nights Work (DM: DMDanW, Judge: Renau1g)

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn sits up in his chair, dusting the cheese crumbs off. "I accept your terms of employment."

He looks over to the other adventurers and then back to Renthwaite and Jyles. "...but I have some concerns. You obviously - with good reason - do not trust these bandits; since you do not want to risk sending your son. And since you are hiring us to double-cross these bandits, can we assume the bandits are smart enough to do the same?"

Thorn looks around the room nervously before continuing, "And if the Toothless Gator is the den of thieves, as you predict, won't six new faces draw attention? Especially if they walk-in on the eve of a ransom demand and start asking questions about bandits and a mysterous box?"

Thorn looks around, hoping someone smarter than himself has a plan. Perhaps one of the spell casters has a way to make them all invisible, or disguise them all as pirates, or even look into the minds of the bandits.

[sblock=Thorn stat Line for new thread page]Thorn- Male Shifter (Longtooth) Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29 Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting, Comeback Strike[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan scratches his head. "I do not know of this place. Those who do, do you think such as we would blend in there, or stand out? If we might pass unnoticed, we could go there before the appointed time and wait to see who brings the box."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Just adding my stat block for future reference.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Gloom]Gloom- Male Shifter (Longtooth) Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 22
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:38/38 Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11
Initiative +1, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Ardent Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Longtooth Shifting, Divine Mettle, Divine Strength, Divine Pursuit, Call of Challenge, Blood Fury Longsword +1, Ardent Vow (0/4 used), Blazing Brand[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Ogglebottom looks over to Thorn with a serious look of concern on his face.
"Well of course I do not want to send my son. Neither will I give into demands for a ransom. If I were to pay this ransom then every thief and criminal in all the isles would think that they could get away with it. My property has been taken from me and a reliable courier dead."

Ogglebottom calms down for a moment. "As far as what intentions these bandits have, I cannot tell you. I did not have the time to get the local authorities involved as it would take them weeks just to get their act together. I had hoped that men in your line of work would be able to act quickly and efficiently in dealing with the matter".

Jyles then steps forward "Lord Ogglebottom if I may", and he turns to regard Thorn. "I am personally not familiar with the likes of the Toothless Gator, but if it is anything like most harbor front taverns it would see a lot of traffic, as ships are always coming into port with thirsty sailors aboard. It might not be as odd as you think to see a group of new 'travelers' wander in."

[sblock=Streetwise (Knowledge) check]
I know that a knowledge check for streetwise isn't in the PHB, but it fits here.
[sblock=check result 15+]
Establishments such as Taverns that are near the docks see lot of traffic. There are some establishments suited for an upscale crowd and other places for other types of people.
[sblock=check result 20+]
The Toothless gator caters to a more lower class and rougher crowd, providing even the lowliest scumbag that lands on the docks a place to drink and wash away the taste of the sea.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I agree with Jyles. My first day in Daunton have brought me to the docks, and everyone ignore me, well, almost everyone. And I include teh taverns and Inn I visit before finally finding the Hanged Man further in the city." replies Gloom. "There was a few beggar who tried to make my pocket, but that another story. But I don't remember what the Toothless Gator looks like. It must not have been on my road."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Streetwise check (1d20+3=19)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
"I am personally not familiar with the likes of the Toothless Gator, but if it is anything like most harbor front taverns it would see a lot of traffic, as ships are always coming into port with thirsty sailors aboard. It might not be as odd as you think to see a group of new 'travelers' wander in."

Gellan nods. "This is good to hear. We would not even have to enter as a group -- one comes in, then another a bit later, then maybe two together. We move with the natural flow of the place, and are less noteworthy that way."

[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 1 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Initiative: +3 Senses: Normal
AC: 17, Fortitude: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Whirling Frenzy
Swift Panther Rage[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
"I've heard of the Toothless gator before." Jehad remembers "It's one of the lower class establishments, but they serve to anyone who has the money." Jehad says.

[sblock=OOC] Velmont if it really is bothering you I could use red instead.
22 on streetwise
Would I have to post my character's stats in every page even though Ive got it in my signature?
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Statblocks & stuff...]
No you don't need to post them on every page, and having one in your sig is fine as well, as long as you keep it updated (I found that difficult so I stayed away from it).
As well your stat blocks are really only necessary during combat. I may have had it in the Rules & stuff section, but as I noted, I borrowed most of that stuff form other DMs here and that may have been in there, but don't worry about it.

Also Ghdeh1, if you could switch to red I think that would make it easier for Velmont, as I do believe that he has used yellow for all his characters I've seen here (and probably on other PbP boards as well.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Ghdeh1]If you don't mind, it would be welcomed. As you see, even on my second post, I already forgot. :erm: It's hard to break an habit. It's been at least 5 or 6 six year I am using that color.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads